Why is My HP Pavilion a6528p Desktop Not Recognizing the CD/DVD Drive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RiseAgainst
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Drive
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
RiseAgainst
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
I have an HP Pavilion a6528p desktop. Whenever I insert a cd or dvd autoplay doesn't start. Then when I click on my computer I shows that there is a disk with data on it, but when I click on it, it says:
"E:/

Application not found"

it used to try to burn a disk even if it had information on it, but now it doesn't even find the disk drive, other than installing a driver what else can I do?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Right click on the drive and hit "Explore." Let us know if any files show up.

- Warren
 
I clicked Explore and files for the dvd I have in it came up. Usually nothing comes up though. If I reinstall the driver will it fix the problem of not being able to double click on the drive?
 
It doesn't sound like you have anything remotely related to a driver problem. Drivers allow your operating system to communicate with your hardware, and that's clearly happening just fine.

Does the DVD have a file called "autorun.inf" on it? You might have to change your settings to show hidden files, as this file is normally hidden.

I suspect that your computer is working correctly, and you're simply trying to use the autorun function on a disc with no autorun information.

- Warren
 
Just a couple of days ago it wouldn't show me any files even when I clicked explore. I don't know why it all of a sudden started showing me files.
 
Well, I certainly can't tell you what happened a couple of days ago.

- Warren