Why is my TI-89 Titanium not factoring equations correctly?

In summary, common issues with the TI-89 Titanium calculator include freezing or crashing, slow performance, and difficulty connecting to a computer or other devices. To fix a frozen calculator, try resetting it or removing and replacing the batteries. Slow performance may be due to low battery power, a large amount of stored data, or a complex calculation. To connect the calculator to a computer, use a USB cable and the TI Connect software. If the calculator won't turn on, try replacing the batteries or connecting it to a power source. If the issue persists, the calculator may need to be reset or repaired.
jccumpa
Hi, when try factor(2x^2+17xy+y^2) the result is the same equation, the same result with quadratic polynomials doesn't give a facotr answer. Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hi jccumpa,

jccumpa said:
Hi, when try factor(2x^2+17xy+y^2) the result is the same equation, the same result with quadratic polynomials doesn't give a facotr answer. Thanks

Did you press the diamond key before you pressed the Enter key (to get an approximate result)?

Related to Why is my TI-89 Titanium not factoring equations correctly?

1. What are some common issues with the TI-89 Titanium calculator?

Some common issues with the TI-89 Titanium include freezing or crashing, slow performance, and difficulty connecting to a computer or other devices.

2. How can I fix a frozen TI-89 Titanium calculator?

If your TI-89 Titanium is frozen, try resetting the calculator by pressing the "2nd" and "left arrow" keys, then pressing the "on" button. If this does not work, try removing the batteries and letting the calculator sit for a few minutes before replacing them.

3. Why is my TI-89 Titanium performing slowly?

There are a few reasons why your TI-89 Titanium may be performing slowly. It could be due to low battery power, a large amount of stored data, or a complex calculation. Try clearing the memory and removing any unnecessary data to improve performance.

4. How can I connect my TI-89 Titanium to a computer?

To connect your TI-89 Titanium to a computer, you will need a USB cable and the TI Connect software. Make sure both devices are turned on and connected, then open the TI Connect software on your computer. Follow the prompts to establish a connection.

5. My TI-89 Titanium won't turn on. What should I do?

If your TI-89 Titanium won't turn on, try replacing the batteries or connecting the calculator to a power source with the USB cable. If this does not work, the calculator may need to be reset or repaired.