Why is the TI-89 more expensive than the TI-89 Titanium on Amazon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Embison
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculators Ti-83
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Embison
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Physics news on Phys.org
Amazon often has sales and sometimes you can get a better product for cheaper.

Corporations do do this, you know. For example, at McDonald's I can get a 99cent extra large soda for cheaper than I can get a medium, 1.29, I believe.

Looks like a good time to buy a ti-89, and yes it's better than both those other two calculators. It's been a good one in my experience, however, I want to get a RPN program for it.
 
The TI-89 has what is called a computer algebra system or CAS, which can locate symbolic solutions to problems, like finding derivatives, integrals, and whether or not infinite series converge.

The TI-83 can only find numerical solutions to problems, like the roots of polynomials and the coefficients of systems of linear equations.

And I have no idea why the older version of the TI-89 is more expensive.