Why is the direction in which the D.C. motor turns reversed here?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ellieee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Direction Motor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 1K views
ellieee
Messages
78
Reaction score
6
Homework Statement
I tried Fleming left hand rule and no matter what doesn't AB move downwards?
Relevant Equations
nil
?hash=6d346eced0b2fc4bd71f50774e41825c.jpg

CamScanner 06-08-2021 13.56.jpg


in my worksheet, AB turns in clockwise direction , while in my textbook, it turns in the anti clockwise direction.
so may I know why is this the case?
 
Attachments
  • 16238118805705338160021237279143.jpg
    16238118805705338160021237279143.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 162
Physics news on Phys.org
vela said:
Where does it say it turns clockwise?
in fig 6.2, A moves upwards while D moves downwards so doesn't it mean clockwise?
 
I don't see anything in the figure which suggests A is moving upward and D is moving downward.