Why is W=0 not included in the excitation table for counters?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Sinister
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hi guys.

I'm wondering if someone could explain why when trying to make a 3 bit up/down counter using T flip flops, there are two and gates connected to the final multiplexer ?

Can someone explain how you approach this?

And same with the JK Flip flop but with an xor gate.

I'm really confused on how you come up with this.

Thanks.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
When doing a Google search on "3 bit up/down counter using T flip flops" it appears to be a homework problem. May I suggest you Google search those many sites and find your answers there?
 
When we are doing the excitation table for counters...why is the W=0 for the next state not included?