Why so many entries in revision history at ncbi?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hivesaeed4
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    History Revision
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
hivesaeed4
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
Okay so I'm using ncbi and when using the nucleotide database, when I access the revision history of a result of any query, I get a lot of sequences. Surprisingly they all are of the same version. Why? If each is different shouldn't they have different version numbers? They all have different update dates yet all are the same thing (same version). Can someone explain them to me?

Attached is a screenshot explaining what I mean.
 
Attachments
  • ncbi trouble.jpg
    ncbi trouble.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 612
Biology news on Phys.org
How do you get to the revision history? I've never seen that. And couldn't the revisions be updates on the annotation and not on the sequence itself?
 
Accessing revision history is simple. After accessing an entry, you go to the top left side of the page and in display settings you select revision history and press ok.

And maybe you're right with regards to revisions being updates on the annotations. It does make sense. But I need to know definitely (no offence).