Why were Buckyballs banned by the government?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
92 replies · 15K views
Danger said:
Quiet, you! This is no place for logic.

Darn! Why didn't someone tell me earlier? :redface:

This thread shows me why politics takes years (I'll revisit this thread after a couple of years when a consensus is reached)! It has also showed me why I decided not to go into politics. :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
It is disingenuous of you to cherry pick parts of my argument, eliminate them, then substitute your own words. It is also an indication that you have no better argument than to put words in my mouth.

I was trying to have an intelligent discussion and encourage people see an alternate point of view than the self-reinforcing one they usually stick with. But I'm not up for schoolyard arguing tactics.

:raspberry:
I am specifically responding to your post.

DaveC426913 said:
And I do believe that, as a part of society, we are supposed to come together to help each other from harm.

In the marine world there's a saying: When an accident happens, it's everyone's fault.

So stop the schoolyard tactics dave, you been warned before about your inability to stop the "devil's advocate" nonsense. Arguing just for the sake of arguing. Stop it.
 
DaveC426913 said:
It was an attempt at levity, to prevent the thread from going sour.
The thread is being looked at by the mentors now.