Wierd Circuit Need Help Figuring it Out

• Thread starter Mopar426Hemi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, a hypothetical circuit is being discussed with various resistors of different values. The total resistance of the circuit is being calculated, with a value of 232.2+- being determined but not fully understood. A step-by-step process is being used to simplify the circuit by identifying resistors in series or parallel and replacing them with their equivalent resistance. This process is being repeated until a final analysis is achieved.
Mopar426Hemi
I am trying to figure out mathmatically how to come up with the total resistance of this circuit. I have a mock up of it and came up with 232.2+or-. I cannot seem to figure it ouy on my own yet and don't truly have the time to do it. There is a 97.3 resistor on the top and the right side has a 71.7 ohm resistor. Going down the center line is a 69.8 and a 71.8 ohm before a split then another 71.7 Ohm resistor. On the left there are 59.9, 72.6 and a 72.2.
|
____________| |
59.9 | |
72.6 71.7 |
72.2 | |
| |__________________|
|___________|
|
232.2+-?

Attachments

• Circuit.bmp
    140.8 KB · Views: 485
Physics news on Phys.org
Simplify the circuit step by step. Find any cases where resistors are purely in series or parallel and replace them with their equivalent resistance. Redraw the circuit and repeat the analysis. Keep doing that until you're done.

For example: In the left loop, there are 3 resistors in series; in the right loop, 4 are in series. Start there.

I would suggest using Ohm's Law to calculate the total resistance of the circuit. This law states that resistance (R) is equal to voltage (V) divided by current (I). In this case, we can use the voltage across the circuit (which is the same at all points) and the total current flowing through the circuit.

To find the total current, you can use the formula I = V/R, where V is the voltage and R is the total resistance. In this case, the voltage is not given, but we can assume it is a constant value. So, we can rearrange the formula to R = V/I.

Next, we need to find the equivalent resistance of the circuit. This can be done by combining resistors in series and parallel. In series, the equivalent resistance is equal to the sum of all individual resistors. In parallel, the equivalent resistance is equal to the reciprocal of the sum of the reciprocals of all individual resistors.

For the first part of the circuit (97.3 + 71.7), we can combine these two resistors in series to get a total resistance of 169 ohms.

For the second part of the circuit (69.8 + 71.8 + 71.7), we can combine the first two resistors in parallel to get an equivalent resistance of 36.6 ohms. This can then be combined with the third resistor in series to get a total resistance of 108.3 ohms.

For the third part of the circuit (59.9 + 72.6 + 72.2), we can combine the first two resistors in parallel to get an equivalent resistance of 33.9 ohms. This can then be combined with the third resistor in series to get a total resistance of 106.1 ohms.

Finally, we can combine the three parts of the circuit in series to get a final total resistance of 169 + 108.3 + 106.1 = 383.4 ohms.

Therefore, the total resistance of the circuit is approximately 383.4 ohms. This is different from the value of 232.2 given in the original post, so I would suggest double-checking the calculations and circuit setup to ensure accuracy. I hope this helps in figuring out the total resistance of the circuit.

1. What is a "Weird Circuit"?

A weird circuit is a term used to describe a circuit that exhibits unusual or unexpected behavior. This can include circuits with non-linear behavior, unexpected signal amplification or attenuation, or other unexpected characteristics.

2. How can I figure out what is causing my circuit to behave strangely?

The first step in troubleshooting a weird circuit is to carefully examine the components and connections in the circuit. Look for any faulty or damaged components, loose connections, or incorrect wiring. You can also use a multimeter to test the voltage and current at different points in the circuit to identify any irregularities.

3. Can external factors affect the behavior of a circuit?

Yes, external factors such as temperature, humidity, and electromagnetic interference can all impact the performance of a circuit. It is important to consider these factors when designing and troubleshooting a circuit.

4. Is there a specific method for troubleshooting a weird circuit?

While there is no one-size-fits-all approach to troubleshooting a weird circuit, a common method is to use the divide-and-conquer technique. This involves dividing the circuit into smaller sections and testing each section individually to isolate the problem. This can help narrow down the cause of the strange behavior.

5. What should I do if I am unable to figure out the issue with my weird circuit?

If you are unable to identify and resolve the issue with your weird circuit, it may be helpful to seek assistance from a more experienced individual or a professional. They may have additional knowledge and resources to help troubleshoot and fix the circuit.