1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wierd Circuit Need Help Figuring it Out

1. Nov 11, 2008 #1
    I am trying to figure out mathmatically how to come up with the total resistance of this circuit. I have a mock up of it and came up with 232.2+or-. I cannot seem to figure it ouy on my own yet and don't truly have the time to do it. There is a 97.3 resistor on the top and the right side has a 71.7 ohm resistor. Going down the center line is a 69.8 and a 71.8 ohm before a split then another 71.7 Ohm resistor. On the left there are 59.9, 72.6 and a 72.2.
    69.8 71.7
    | |
    71.8 |
    ____________| |
    59.9 | |
    72.6 71.7 |
    72.2 | |
    | |__________________|

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2008 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Simplify the circuit step by step. Find any cases where resistors are purely in series or parallel and replace them with their equivalent resistance. Redraw the circuit and repeat the analysis. Keep doing that until you're done.

For example: In the left loop, there are 3 resistors in series; in the right loop, 4 are in series. Start there.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?