1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Will I ever need my undergrad transcript again once I'm in grad school?

1. Oct 29, 2014 #1
    I'd like to forget about the whole thing due to poor performance in a couple areas. I'm assuming in the future all that will matter is my grad school transcript and outside of the first year or two of a PhD program I doubt anyone would ask for my undergrad grades, perhaps they would just ask for proof I got my undergrad degrees?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2014 #2

TeethWhitener

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Will you need your transcripts? Yes and it always seems like you'll need them at the most inconvenient times. I got my undergrad degree 9 (!) years ago at this point and I just had to order transcripts (for undergrad and grad school) about a month ago for the transition from my fellowship to a permanent research position.

4. Oct 30, 2014 #3
    I think it becomes less and less relevant as time goes by but never quite irrelevant. People are always interested in your history.

5. Oct 30, 2014 #4
    Well I suppose that is somewhat good news. My transcript is just really messed up because I missed a semester and then ended up with a compressed schedule on the other end which messed up my average but it's not the worst transcript ever either.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook