Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Will someone please translate this to English?

1. Mar 22, 2008 #1

I believe this might be some Italian? Someone posted a reply to me on a another forum and I don't have a clue what it says. I do for a fact it is not Spanish. I know that 100%. My first guess was Spanish so I have asked a friend cause she knows Spanish and she was not sure what it said so it's not Spanish..

"El Grandissimo Engenierio de Mathematico De Universio."
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2008 #2
    Complete guess but: the greatest engineer in the mathematical universe?

I don't speak Italian btw.
  4. Mar 22, 2008 #3

Gold Member

I guess... maybe...
    I thought that it had something to do with ducks.
  5. Mar 22, 2008 #4
  6. Mar 22, 2008 #5

Gold Member

I'm not even sure that's a language. Might just be trying to look like one.
  7. Mar 22, 2008 #6

That's what someone told me also. She tried to translate it and she told me they either spelled it wrong or miss words or possibly making an ass out of them selfs.

I agree I miss words that where some people ask me is English my first language. It is my first and the only language I know. The reason why I miss words is cause I am in a rush to make a thread or reply to my thread.
  8. Mar 22, 2008 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I don't think its a language either.

Perhaps if we knew the context, we could have more of a guess. Do you have a link to the other forum?
  9. Mar 22, 2008 #8
  10. Mar 22, 2008 #9

D H

Staff: Mentor

He was pulling your leg. The translation is kind of obvious, no? "The fattest mathematical engineer in the university".
  11. Mar 22, 2008 #10

They all pull my leg at that place, don't you think so at that thread?
  12. Mar 22, 2008 #11

D H

Staff: Mentor

To be blunt, you deserved it. You asked a question that was simultaneously confrontational and nonsensical. Nonetheless, the responses in posts #7-10 are pretty good.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?