turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Still some snow on the ground in sheltered places... I guess winter is here.
George Jones said:Just walked back from tea at Tim Hortons. Temperature is -20C (-4F).
Yikes! And we need rain so bad.Ivan Seeking said:Rain rain rain rain rain, our creek is a river. A moderate flow is normally about 30 cubic feet per second. This morning it was probably pushing 200 cfs. And it was roaring! Gets a little worrisome because I have foot bridge that badly needs replacing and new anchors set. If we lose the DTV signal, the first thing I'll do is look to see if the bridge is still there.
Evo said:Yikes! And we need rain so bad.
I hope it stops. Or do they predict heavy snow this winter?Ivan Seeking said:We started late but then the rain came on with a vengence. in fact this is the first time in over 20 years that we've seen the creek come back from just one rain storm. Usually it takes several. Sometimes it's back by mid september but this year it was late October I think... Trying to remember, I think about three weeks ago.
We had flooding in our area last night.
Borek said:Your DTV signal is brought to you by land? We use wireless.
I can remember when my father would send me out with a bucket to fetch DTV signals.Ivan Seeking said:In Oregon, the DTV signal is still carried by men on fast horses.
The antenna is out in the pasture on the other side of the creek.
Jimmy Snyder said:I can remember when my father would send me out with a bucket to fetch DTV signals.
dlgoff said:I thought you were done with satellite TV. DirecTV for cold days outside!![]()

PeteyCoco said:I planned on doing some skiing here in Nova Scotia over the break, but all we've been getting recently is snow followed by rain. I should have stayed in Montreal![]()
In HS, all our school had to offer was WWII military-surplus skis. They were quite heavy and the bindings were pretty rigid and crappy. By the time our district could afford some light-weight alpine skis, a couple of us were so strong that we excelled and were top contenders.George Jones said:Lots of snow here in north-central BC. Sunday night, I went cross-country skiing with my six-year-old daughter. It was the first time either of us had been on skis of any kind.
I've been watching the Weather Channel and seeing your snow. I'll never forget the photograph of your home with snow up to the eves.turbo said:Typical Maine winter weather today, swinging between snow and rain with temps in the high 30s. Once all this stuff comes down, it's a good bet that an arctic blast will come in and cement the saturated snow to everything.
We get what we get, When I was a kid, I remember shoveling well over a foot of "partially cloudy" out of our driveway. When I went away to school, my father somehow managed to buy a plow-truck. Fancy that!dlgoff said:I've been watching the Weather Channel and seeing your snow. I'll never forget the photograph of your home with snow up to the eves.
That's cute. It's was 10F when I got up, an hour later it was 9F.Alfi said:WINTER POEM
It's winter in Canada !
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.
Oh, how I love Canada
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Canada
I'm frozen to the friggin' ground!