Winding "Hot" Armatures for HO Slot Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter vadslram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cars Hot Winding
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 24K views
vadslram
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
I play around with HO slot cars and would like to wind my own "hot" armatures but I can't find any sources of direction. It seems like everyone knows how to do it so why explain:frown:
I've bought a couple of pounds of mag wire in different guages but I would hate to tear up a good one to deconstruct and the dead ones I have got a little too warm to figure which wire to which tab. and is there a preference in winding direction?
We made up a video of some racing but it's 37 MB I'll cut it down and post it.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Thanks I had done ASK and Google searches and never seen those. The second link is exactly what I needed. Now that I have the basics I'll get good on them then try tweaking for voltage differences.
 
Last edited: