turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
chanter sound
turbo-1 said:chanter sound
I guess it's one syllable if you've had enough Aussie brews, and those things look a lot like pipes.arildno said:Evidently, it is didgeridoo; that's a one syllable word.
As much as any highlander, I hope! (Runs screaming from band of enraged Scots.)Astronuc said:I am an engineer, what would I know about women's clothing?![]()
Sorry, and I can't think of any more good clues that wouldn't give it away outright. It is a word that when pronounced aloud evokes the sound it describes.arildno said:Have any of you trouble with the update function of PF right now?
The word is brahh, by the way (one h missing)
Darn it, sA, you were so close that playing the hot or cold game, you were about to burst into flames. It is a wonderful lyrical word, and the bagpipe reference you gave made me think that you nailed it, but were being coy.selfAdjoint said:So I was close was I? How about peep, then. If you say it you do it.
I am descended from the Highlanders, and I still don't know about women's clothing. Kilts and sporrans I understand, however, and I never 'go regimental' in a kilt.turbo-1 said:As much as any highlander, I hope! (Runs screaming from band of enraged Scots.)
I have never "gone regimental" either, but trying to cover Peter Green, Elmore James, Clapton, et al can make you feel like you've got your butt on the line. You don't want to drop a clam in front of a room full of patrons...Astronuc said:I am descended from the Highlanders, and I still don't know about women's clothing. Kilts and sporrans I understand, however, and I never 'go regimental' in a kilt.![]()
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:1stBatBW.jpg Ooops!![]()
Yeppers. Green in judgment, cold in blood. Heh, and she was talking about Julius Caesar... Caesar salad... salad days. Hah. Okay, I'm easily amused.turbo-1 said:salad days - Cleo
turbo-1 said:OK, this is the name of a weapon that is similar to the name of a tobacco receptacle.