Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
Boys, I need your vectors!
https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...-nyt-daily-game.1016903/page-128#post-7096756

I feel lonely among those cracks who never fail.
If you want, I can post everyones scores from game 660 on.
Data collection has been a hobby of mine since my military service.
hmmm....
Actually, I wrote down how many stamps I had from each country, right before I joined, so it's possible I've been fascinated with numbers my whole life.
 
OmCheeto said:
If you want, I can post everyones scores from game 660 on.
That data is clearly biased though so it is not as informative as getting the actual numbers from people.
 
Wordle 1,095 4/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨🟨
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Orodruin said:
That data is clearly biased though so it is not as informative as getting the actual numbers from people.
I'll take that as a no.
 
OmCheeto said:
I'll take that as a no.
Well, up to @fresh_42 who asked for the data, but I would assume significant bias towards solutions with lower guesses just based on my own anecdotal experience. Even if not intentional, I feel much more inclined to share “good” results. If I solve it right after midnight and make a soso attempt, I might just go to sleep instead of jumping onto PF to share. In fact, it happened just last night:

Wordle 1 095 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The third guess was really badly chosen. It put me off somewhat and so when I was done I just felt like going to sleep.
 
Orodruin said:
Even if not intentional, I feel much more inclined to share “good” results.
I publish bad results on purpose. I hope it makes the others feel better and motivates them to do better. My fails have many different reasons. Sometimes I lacked concentration, sometimes patience, sometimes they were words I did not think they qualify (literally German words, comic speak, or simply out of my vocabulary).

Errare humanum est.
 
fresh_42 said:
I publish bad results on purpose.
All I am saying is people will have whatever reasons not to publish and that this will bias the data. Therefore data collected from this thread will invariably come with bias.

fresh_42 said:
Errare humanum est.
Sed ad vere confundenda, computatro opus est.
 
Orodruin said:
All I am saying is people will have whatever reasons not to publish and that this will bias the data. Therefore data collected from this thread will invariably come with bias.
This would open up an interesting thread about statistics and testing hypotheses.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and collinsmark