Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
dwarde said:
Wordle 1,681 4/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Man, that one looks like it was annoying!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,682 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP lots (WB 1285)
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ TOWNY still lots (275)
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› ALGID 4/8/8 (21)
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ SAFER 1/0/0 (1) (1.583)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 4.164

standard mode
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ AROSE 2/1/9
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬› TREAD 1/0/4
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Only three words left to choose from and I choose the wrong one. ?:)

Wordle 1,682 X/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,683 3/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› CHUMP 44/55/116 (wb 227)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ© FUDGY 3/0/0 (3)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 (1 of 2 @ 1.000)

global mean: 4.297

standard mode
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› SNORE 27/23/35
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ HUIAS 4/5/3
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› KYDST 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1.683 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

083DE260-F7B6-4BE7-85FC-0C532F50628A.webp
 
Wordle 1,684 3/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› CHUMP 3/1/8 (WB 13)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨ CRUDE 1/0/0 (2)(all 4 words were 1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 3.645

standard mode
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› ARSON 29/8/44
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› CUPID 1/0/1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,685 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP lots (wb 1285) (Ranked 667 globally as the seed word)
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© TOWNY 28/13/35 (76)
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© BIGLY 3/0/5 (8)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© ALLAY 1/0/0 (1) (1 of 2 @ 1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 3.925

standard mode
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› SATYR 7/4/16
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© LOAMY 1/0/3 (1.182)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
IRATE seems to have served me well...

Wordle 1,685 3/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


Screenshot (92).webp
 
Wordle 1,686 3/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› CHUMP 12/8/15 (wb 36)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬› TUMOR 1/0/1 (2)(1.737)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
global mean: 4.394

standard mode
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ SANER lots
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› DOILY 4/3/5
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© OUTGO 1/0/0 (1 OF 2 @ 1.286)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,687 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP lots (WB 1285) [CHUMP was ranked 548 globally as the seed]
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› TOWNY 10/7/19 (36)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ© DROIT 1/2/1 (4) (1.438)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
global mean: 3.748

standard mode
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ© ROAST 3/0/6
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© AFOOT 1/0/3
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
I admit I effed up 1686 gruesomely. I must've been so scatterbrained I didn't even want to post my failure. So bad was it. Back on track here though:

Wordle 1,687 3/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (93).webp
 
dwarde said:
?:)

Wordle 1,686 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mine was so much worse. Apart from giving up so I didn't even learn the solution, I placed the yellow letters the same places 3 times in a row. That's where I threw the towel in the ring.
 
Big turn around from yesterday.

Wordle 1,687 2/6

⬜🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,688 3/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ CHUMP 53/53/125 (WB 258) {ranked 691 globally}
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ© PONTY 1/2/0 (3)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
global mean: 3.955

standard mode
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› STEAL 20/13/36
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,689 4/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› CHUMP 27/17/70 (wb 134)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› CRONY 0/3/8 (14)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› CARET 0/0/1 (1) Insert Psycho shower scene music
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 CIGAR solution for game zero!
NYT AVG. 3.7

standard mode
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› URINE 9/8/31
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› RATIO 1/0/4
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ© VICAR 0/0/1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 CIGAR

I guess we can put to rest the question as to whether or not Wordle will ever reuse old solutions.
Today the answer became 'yes'.
 
Wordle 1,691 3/6*

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› CHUMP 6/4/23 (WB 34)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› CHINA 3/1/3 (8)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 CHIDE (1.857)

global mean: 3.878
 
Dunno why I like CHIVE so much. This isn't the first time I burn my fingers even though it's obvious that D is statistically more likely.

Wordle 1,691 4/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (94).webp
 
sbrothy said:
Dunno why I like CHIVE so much. This isn't the first time I burn my fingers even though it's obvious that D is statistically more likely.

...
One of the few times I have found myself agreeing with AI
AI said:
The word "chide" is considered uncommon to rare in modern English, often replaced by synonyms like "scold," "reprove," or "criticize". It is not considered archaic, but its usage has shown a declining trend, with a frequency of less than 1 per million words in recent years,.
I don't think I've ever used the word, and like you, without augmentation, it would have been my last choice.

AI also mentioned this; "Usage Context: It is frequently used in literary contexts, formal writing, or to describe a gentle, often parental or teacher-like, rebuke."
{bolding mine}

Definitely a hoity-toity word.
 
Well, put like that my choice does make some sense then, but as I said: it's not the first time I should have used it anyway.