Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Wordle 1,716 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,717 3/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› CHUMP 11/8/19 (WB 41)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› LEMMA 1/0/0 (1) (1.333 old and new)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SLIME

global mean: 3.576
 
Wordle 1,718 5/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› LYMPH 7/16/38 (WB 73)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ LITRE 1/1/2 (7) (1.545)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© LIKEN 0/1/1 (2)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© LIVEN 0/0/1 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 LINEN The 4th reused word.

global mean: 4.288

Trying out a new seed word.

Solution stats since the reboot:
original words: 23/30 = 77%
new words: 3/30 = 10%
reused original words: 4/30 = 13% ( From games 0,4,51, & 296)
 
dwarde said:
I started with two seed words.
...
I started with one seed word: WEIRD
Guessing because I thought it was a weird game.
I used that for about two hundred games, at which point all hell broke loose.
Of the 1511 games I've played, I've used 243 different seed words.
104 were used only once.
30 were used twice
22 were used thrice
The top rankers were:
WEIRD 245
SANER 54
SAUCE 43
SHALE 37
AROSE 31
RAISE 29
SLATE 28
TEARY 27
etc etc etc

I believe my eventual rule was that my seed had to be a viable solution.
And once I switched to hard mode, my goal has been to always win the game, ignoring how many tries it takes.

Anyways.....

Wordle 1,719 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ LYMPH 29/22/111 (WB 176)
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› CHUNK 8/3/30 (44)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬› THETA 1/0/0 (1) (1.273 OLD)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 THEFT

global mean: 3.905
 
Wordle 1,720 2/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ LYMPH 1/4/8 (wb 13)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SHEEP

global mean: 3.794

My first deuce in hard mode!

I of course went for the single word from the original list, as they are still so far the most probable solution.
 
Wordle 1,721 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© DUMPY 10/19/23 (WB 53)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© GUCKY 0/1/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GUNKY

global mean: 5.061

Tough one today. First time I ever saw Wordlebot get a seven.

Not sure why I decided to research a new seed word yesterday, but it looks as though it was a good idea.
 
Wordle 1,722 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› PUDGY 3/4/20 (WB 26)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨ CLUNG 1/1/6 (8)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 VOGUE

global mean: 3.993

And I'm back to having 20 seed words......
 
Wordle 1,723 2/6*

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› BYLAW 2/1/0 (WB 3)(Ranked 2704 globally. Played by 2 others)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 LOBBY

global mean: 4.293

I'm certainly having much better scores since I dumped CHUMP.
 
Lots of words left to "guess from" at this point.

Wordle 1,723 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,724 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ PUBIC 895 (WB 995)
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© MONTY 6/0/6 (12)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 HASTY

global mean: 3.826
 
Wordle 1,725 6/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ FICUS 331 (wb 343)
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ PSYCH 10/0/24 (36)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› SHOWD 4/0/4 (8)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› SHORE 3/0/0 (3)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› SHOOK 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SHOAL

global mean: 3.458

And just when you get all snooty, Wordle puts you in your place.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and edwardII
Wordle 1,726 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP lots (wb 1285)
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© TOWNY 3/3/7 (13)
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© TARTY 1/1/0 (2) (2.308 OROD/OM hybrid)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TEDDY

global mean: 3.833

After yesterday's scare, I eliminated 15 of my 20 seeds.
 
Wordle 1,727 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› LYMPH 3/6/29 (wb 38)
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© MOGUL 1/0/2 (3)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SMELL

global mean: 4.086
 
Wordle 1,728 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ DUMPY 1127 (WB 1144)
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHOWK 352 (360)
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› BLITZ 9/10/23 (43)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ GRANT 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 EATEN

global mean: 4.344
 
Good grief it was right in front of me and I didn't see it.

Wordle 1,728 4/6

⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
dwarde said:
Good grief it was right in front of me and I didn't see it.

Wordle 1,728 4/6

⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
After seeing your post, I spent over an hour researching 'kangaroo' words, and did not find a word describing an unbroken 'joey' word that was equivalent to the mother word.
Good job!

ps.
Wordle 1,729 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ PUDGY 1117 (WB 1138)
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ CHOWK 3/13/22 (38)
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬› TAKER 1/0/0 (1) (1.462)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ANKLE

global mean: 4.059
 
Wordle 1,730 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› BYLAW 453 (WB 519)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› CHAMP 8/8/27 (67)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› QUANT 2/1/6 (9)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GRADE (1.222 reused from game #15)

global mean: 3.801

33/42 = 79% old
4/42 = 10% new
5/42 = 12% reused from games 0, 4, 15, 51, and 296
 
Wordle 1,731 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ PUBIC 895 (wb 995)
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› MONTY 7/3/16 (30)
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨ REALM 1/0/0 (1) (1.360 USED. BEST NEW WAS 1.800. BEST OLD WAS 1.880)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DRAMA

global mean: 4.292