Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,782 replies · 460K views
For some reason this one was was difficult for me.

Wordle 1,659 3/6

🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,660 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ CHUMP remaining: 54 old/53 new/124 used
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› POYNT 2/2/5
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬› POSER 1/0/1 RNG
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 3.945

standard mode
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› LEANT 65/60/144
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ ROIDS 3/1/4 all 4 unused are 1.000
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬› POESY 1/0/0 RNG
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,661 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP 272 old/224 new/653 used
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© TOWNY 30/13/33
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© SEDGY 8/2/2
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© BILLY 1/0/0 RNG. One of 3 that were 1.000
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 4.506

standard mode
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› RINSE 27/17/34
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© GODLY 3/0/1
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› BIFID 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,662 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ CHUMP 2 old/1 new/1 used
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© LYMPH 0/1/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 4.171

standard mode
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ RENAL 90/85/125
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© SOUTH 1/3/0
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ© POOCH 0/1/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,663 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ CHUMP 3 old/5 new/13 used
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› PENCE 1/0/0 {one of two old words @ 1.250}
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I would have had this in two had I taken the advice of my coin flip.​

global mean: 3.434

standard mode
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬› SONAR 5/6/8
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© BEGAN 1/0/0 best old @ 1.364
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
I've slowly found myself playing wordle less and less while simeltaneously getting into the habit of playing Colordle and linxicon daily... I need to get back into it!!!

Wordle 1,663 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1767814869625.webp
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and edwardII
From your prompt, I did my first 'Colordle' game.

OMG. This is an insane game!
 
OmCheeto said:
From your prompt, I did my first 'Colordle' game.

OMG. This is an insane game!
It is so so fun!!!
White is always annoying though. So many shades... so difficult to distinguish between the shades unlike other colours where it's significantly easier... Ghost White Wasn't too bad though
 
Wordle 1,664 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP lots remaining
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› TOWNY 22 old/22 new/68 used
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› BLITZ 2/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 RNG

global mean: 3.238

standard mode
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› AROSE 9/2/16
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬› CLASP 2/0/3 best old word score of 1.636
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 RNG

TensorCalculus said:
It is so so fun!!!
White is always annoying though. So many shades... so difficult to distinguish between the shades unlike other colours where it's significantly easier... Ghost White Wasn't too bad though
Have you memorized all 32,000 color names? I only know the 'ROYGBIV' color names, so I had to download the cheat sheet from github. I must have gone through about a dozen names before I ended up with 'Alpine Goat' which has a score of 98.51.

ps. Congrats on your award! See if you can hang out as long as me. :biggrin: I think this is my eighteenth year here. Hey, were you even alive when I became of member of PF? Did you know the owner of this forum created it when he was only 16? I think that's pretty cool.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus and edwardII
It was the only word that fit.

Wordle 1,664 2/6

🟨🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,664 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1767898566105.webp

OmCheeto said:
Have you memorized all 32,000 color names? I only know the 'ROYGBIV' color names, so I had to download the cheat sheet from github. I must have gone through about a dozen names before I ended up with 'Alpine Goat' which has a score of 98.51.
Nope, not memorised the colour list, that would be extreme even by my standards! Colordle tends to only pick the more common names on the list like "Sky Blue" or "Red Orange" - a lot of the names on that list are a bit more on the odd side, like the one which you mentioned (which I also guessed yesterday!) or things like "3AM in Shibuya".
Colordle sometimes takes a while. White is generally a hard colour to guess - took me 66 guesses yesterday - but they usually only take about 15-20 guesses once you're used to it.
It is fun though, even if every other day you're like "wow I hate this game so much why can't I get this random shade of red"
OmCheeto said:
ps. Congrats on your award! See if you can hang out as long as me. :biggrin: I think this is my eighteenth year here. Hey, were you even alive when I became of member of PF?
Thank you very much! I intend on staying awhile :)
I probably wasn't alive when you became a member of PF - I'm 14!!
OmCheeto said:
Did you know the owner of this forum created it when he was only 16? I think that's pretty cool.
No, I didn't, wow, that is really cool!
 
Wordle 1,665 5/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› CHUMP 24/28/80 ( not 19 old/8 new/57 used )
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ THONG 3/0/4 ( not 0/0/0 !!! (high contrast mode confuses colors) )
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© WIGHT 2/0/4
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© FIGHT 1/0/4
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 3.846

standard mode
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ SNORE 36/31/108
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ© CLEAT 2/5/5
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© KEMPT 1/1/2
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Today when I checked on the 'hard mode' switch setting, I noticed there was a "high contrast blah blah" mode switch, so I turned it on, not realising it turns the yellow letters a weird bluish color, which I interpreted as green, which screwed up my 2nd word choice. I went back and analyzed without the mistake and found that I would have gotten it in 4 guesses, so it wasn't that big a deal.
 
Wordle 1,667 5/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› CHUMP 47 old/55 new/113 used (wb 227)
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› FUDGY 13/13/24 (50)
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› JUNTO 6/4/7 (17)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› RUBLE 1/0/1 (2) (1.100)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 4.065

standard mode
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ SATYR 23/19/83
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ DEMON 6/4/7
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› BRAWL 1/0/0 (1.400)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,668 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP 270/224/655 (WB 1285)
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› TOWNY 6/7/16 (36)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ TAKER 1/0/4 (5)(1.692)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 3.350

standard mode
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ SANER 81
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ COBRA 6/1/14
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© RURAL 1/0/0 (old 1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,669 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› CHUMP 13/8/14 (WB 36)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬› TUMOR 2/0/0 (2) (1.800)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© JUMBO 1/0/0 (1) RNG
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 4.232

standard mode
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ INLET 98/109/174
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› SAURY 3/3/1
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© JUMBO 1/0/0 RNG (1.167)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,670 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ CHUMP lots (WB 1285)
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› TOWNY 17/19/45 (84)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© VIOLD 2/0/0 (2)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© OVOID 1/0/0 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 3.618

standard mode
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬› SLAIN 4/4/20
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬› RADII 1/0/4 (1.500)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩