Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
I recently started doing Wordle again. When you guys say, "Wordle 610" where do you see the "610" part? When I open up the NYT wordle page, I don't see any identifiers.
 
gmax137 said:
I recently started doing Wordle again. When you guys say, "Wordle 610" where do you see the "610" part? When I open up the NYT wordle page, I don't see any identifiers.
If you solved it then you can press "share". This copies what we post into our local buffer. So all we do is: Ctrl+V and press "Post reply".
 
I never saw it before either but I found it by selecting Settings and it's on the bottom.
 
fresh_42 said:
If you solved it then you can press "share". This copies what we post into our local buffer. So all we do is: Ctrl+V and press "Post reply".

Aha!
Wordle 611 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Have you tried to work backwards and determine what words other players played?

EDIT: I'm not really good at this game
1676910985269.png
 
gmax137 said:
Aha!
Wordle 611 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Have you tried to work backwards and determine what words other players played?

EDIT: I'm not really good at this game
View attachment 322588
That's not a significant sample size.
1676913085710.png


1676913222258.png


##\mu=4.25\, , \,\sigma =1.112##
 
I'd like to calculate our common average, just out of curiosity:
Could you post your current 7-vector (# 1st, # 2nd, # 3rd, # 4th, # 5th, # 6th, # fails) guesses?
 
fresh_42 said:
I'd like to calculate our common average, just out of curiosity:
Could you post your current 7-vector (# 1st, # 2nd, # 3rd, # 4th, # 5th, # 6th, # fails) guesses?
Here's mine: (0, 0, 6, 16, 9, 5, 2)
 
Wordle 613 X/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
fresh_42 said:
Could you post your current 7-vector (# 1st, # 2nd, # 3rd, # 4th, # 5th, # 6th, # fails) guesses?

0​
6​
51​
85​
42​
7​
4​
 
1677004277112.png


The solid line is the Excel function NORM.DIST(x, ΞΌ, Οƒ, FALSE)*N. Parameters ΞΌ and Οƒ were calculated from the data according to their usual definitions.
WordlePlot.png