Work help i'm stuck and about to kill myself

In summary, the tangential acceleration of the car is 0.83 m/s^2 (tangent to the path) and the radial acceleration is 3.7 m/s^2 (toward the center of the path). To provide this acceleration without slipping or skidding, the coefficient of static friction between the tires and the roadbed would have to be 0.48. The key to solving this problem is understanding the relationship between tangential and radial acceleration and utilizing the equations provided in the given resources.
howru
work help! I'm stuck and about to kill myself

A car at the Indianapolis-500 accelerates uniformly from the pit area, going from rest to 320 km/h in a semicircular arc with a radius of 192 m.

Determine the tangential acceleration of the car when it is halfway through the turn, assuming constant acceleration.
m/s^2(tangent to the path)
(I know that the equation is equal to mv2/r but how do i set it up. what is the difference between tangent and toward the center.)

Determine the radial acceleration at this time.
m/s^2 (toward the center of the path)
(It is rev/sec and multiply. i got 3.7m/s^2)

If the curve were flat, what would the coefficient of static friction have to be between the tires and the roadbed to provide this acceleration with no slipping or skidding?

(mu=fN I got all these other formulas and forces on the car and put them together, and i got .48 but it's wrong)

Physics news on Phys.org
This might help.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/rotq.html, specifically http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/rotq.html#req

and this is a nice reference

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mi.html#rlin

The tangential velocity is the linear velocity tangent (parallel) to the trajectory, which is perpendicular to the radial direction for a semi-circle.

The key here is that the acceleration is uniform. The car starts with 0 velocity and reaches 320 km/h at the end of the semi-circle of radius 192 m, and it must travel a distance x = [itex]\pi[/itex]*192 m. Note that the angle through which the acceleration takes place is [itex]\pi[/itex] radians.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is causing you to feel stuck and overwhelmed with work?

There are many potential factors that could contribute to feeling stuck and overwhelmed with work. It could be due to a heavy workload, lack of support or resources, poor time management skills, or a lack of motivation or interest in the work itself. It's important to identify the root cause in order to find a solution.

2. How can I manage my workload more effectively?

One strategy for managing a heavy workload is to prioritize tasks based on their level of urgency and importance. You can also break larger tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks and set realistic deadlines for yourself. Additionally, it may be helpful to delegate tasks or ask for help from colleagues or supervisors.

3. How can I improve my time management skills?

Effective time management involves setting goals, creating a schedule, and prioritizing tasks. It also involves minimizing distractions, such as checking emails or social media, and taking breaks when needed. It may also be helpful to use time management tools or techniques, such as the Pomodoro technique or the Eisenhower Matrix.

4. What can I do if I am feeling unmotivated at work?

If you are feeling unmotivated at work, it may be helpful to identify the root cause of your lack of motivation. Is it due to the work itself or external factors? Once you have identified the cause, you can try to address it. This could involve finding ways to make the work more engaging or rewarding, seeking support from colleagues or a supervisor, or taking breaks and engaging in self-care activities to recharge.

5. How can I prevent feeling overwhelmed and burnt out at work?

Preventing burnout involves setting boundaries, practicing self-care, and seeking support when needed. It's important to prioritize your physical and mental well-being and to recognize when you are taking on too much. This could involve saying no to additional tasks or projects, taking breaks throughout the day, and engaging in activities outside of work that bring you joy and relaxation.