Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Writing an Insights Article

1. Dec 18, 2016 #1

Charles Link

Homework Helper

Can someone tell me please, how to get started writing the rough draft of an Insights Article. Using the Physics Forums Latex editor, where does one start typing the manuscript? Do I need to first register as an Insights Writer , or is there a convenient place to begin typing?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2016 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

It helps for the final formatting, but it is not urgent. Ask @Greg Bernhardt.

LaTeX and most formatting can be copied, so you can use the editor and preview function here to prepare an article. Images need different code, there the Insights wordpress interface is necessary to see them at the right place and size and so on.

4. Dec 18, 2016 #3
  5. Dec 18, 2016 #4

mfb

2016 Award

I think the author guidelines have an outdated "You may apply: Here" link.

6. Dec 18, 2016 #5
    fixed thanks

7. Dec 18, 2016 #6

Charles Link

Homework Helper

@Greg Bernhardt Hi Greg, A couple people are telling me I can type in the editor as if I were typing a comment to a thread. Where might I access the on-line editor? Do I go to a forum and go to "Start a New Thread"? and simply not post it in order to begin a rough draft?

8. Dec 18, 2016 #7
    Once you apply and meet our requirements you will receive instructions :)

9. Dec 18, 2016 #8

mfb

2016 Award

Well, he can start earlier.
    That works. The "reply" feature also works. Editing an existing post is yet another option.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted