Quoting From Insights Articles

• Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date
In summary, to properly cite a quote from an Insights article, you will need to include the author's name, the title of the article, the publication date, and the URL of the article. It is also possible to use a direct quote from an Insights article in a research paper, but it is important to properly cite the quote and only use quotes when necessary. Page numbers are not necessary when quoting from an Insights article and there are specific formatting guidelines to follow. Additionally, paraphrasing information from an Insights article is also acceptable, but proper citation and avoiding plagiarism is still important.
George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I do not know if this has come up before.

In the "Discuss in the Community" thread for an Insights article, is it possible to quote (including lots of maths) from the original article?

Likes Wrichik Basu and Stephen Tashi
Physics news on Phys.org
Because of browser and mathjax limitations the best way would be to find the content by viewing the source code and copy from there because you'll copy the direct latex code rather than just the symbols which won't copy over correctly.

Likes George Jones
After removing all the <br /> codes, this seems to work reasonably well.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. How do I properly cite a quote from an Insights article?

To properly cite a quote from an Insights article, you will need to include the author's name, the title of the article, the publication date, and the URL of the article. An example of a citation for an Insights article would be:

Smith, J. (2021, January 5). "The Importance of Scientific Research." Insights. Retrieved from https://www.insights.com/importance-of-scientific-research/

2. Can I use a direct quote from an Insights article in my research paper?

Yes, you can use a direct quote from an Insights article in your research paper. However, it is important to properly cite the quote and give credit to the author. Additionally, it is best to only use quotes when they are necessary and add value to your paper.

3. Is it necessary to include page numbers when quoting from an Insights article?

No, it is not necessary to include page numbers when quoting from an Insights article. Since Insights articles are typically published online, they do not have page numbers. Instead, you can use the paragraph or section number if the article has them, or simply use the author's name and publication date in your citation.

4. Are there any specific formatting guidelines for quoting from Insights articles?

Yes, there are specific formatting guidelines for quoting from Insights articles. The citation should follow the appropriate style guide, such as APA or MLA. Additionally, the quote should be formatted in quotation marks and any changes or additions to the quote should be indicated with brackets.

5. Can I paraphrase information from an Insights article instead of using a direct quote?

Yes, you can paraphrase information from an Insights article instead of using a direct quote. However, it is still important to properly cite the source and give credit to the author. When paraphrasing, be sure to accurately represent the original information in your own words and avoid plagiarism.