Writing degree sign on the microsoft word?

In summary, to write the degree symbol on Microsoft Word, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Alt + 0176" or go to the "Insert" tab, click on "Symbol," and select the degree symbol from the list. You can also change the size of the degree symbol by highlighting it and adjusting the font size or using the "Superscript" option under the "Home" tab. To insert the degree symbol in a superscript format, you can use the "Superscript" option under the "Home" tab or the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + =". If you cannot find the degree symbol in the "Symbol" menu, you can search for it by typing "degree" in the search bar or
hecate
please help!

i need to type up some problems that involve with temperature. i was wondering how do you the degree sign on the microsoft word? you know, the little circle? thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Try looking for insert->symbol.

What I do, is make a "o", then turn the "o" into a superscript.

ok. thanks for both your help!

Related to Writing degree sign on the microsoft word?

1. How do I write the degree symbol on Microsoft Word?

To write the degree symbol (°) on Microsoft Word, you can either use the keyboard shortcut "Alt + 0176" or go to the "Insert" tab, click on "Symbol," and select the degree symbol from the list.

2. Can I change the size of the degree symbol on Microsoft Word?

Yes, you can change the size of the degree symbol by highlighting it and adjusting the font size. You can also use the "Superscript" option under the "Home" tab to make the degree symbol smaller and raised above the text.

3. How do I insert the degree symbol in a superscript format?

To insert the degree symbol in a superscript format, you can use the "Superscript" option under the "Home" tab. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + =" to quickly change the selected text to a superscript format.

4. What if I can't find the degree symbol in the "Symbol" menu?

If you cannot find the degree symbol in the "Symbol" menu, you can search for it by typing "degree" in the search bar. If it still does not appear, you can select a different font set in the "Subset" drop-down menu to access a wider range of symbols.

5. Is there a way to insert the degree symbol without using the keyboard?

Yes, there is a way to insert the degree symbol without using the keyboard. You can copy and paste the symbol from another document or website, or you can use the "Equation" feature under the "Insert" tab to insert the degree symbol as a mathematical symbol.