Xilinx programming on OSX (Found an SP601)

WebPack for FPGA design, but would prefer to use a macbook.In summary, the speaker is discussing their experience finding a Xilinx SP601 FPGA and their desire to start playing with it using their macbook, but they are having trouble finding FPGA tools for OSX. They mention that they can use a linux box with ISE WebPack as a backup, but they are interested in knowing if there are any fpga toolchains available for macbook.

c0g

An engineering company I interned with were shutting up their design centre, and the guys invited me into pillage the corpse. I lucked out and found a Xilinx SP601 FPGA. I've finally got some time and inclination to start playing with it, but unfortunately I lucked out again and got a macbook as part of a studentship. I can't find any FPGA tools for osx.

I have a linux box so can us that in a pinch (I think ISE WebPack will work?), but I'd love to be able to use my macbook. Anyone know of fpga toolchains?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Use a linux box and ISE

1. How do I install Xilinx programming on OSX?

To install Xilinx programming on OSX, you will need to download the Xilinx ISE Design Suite from the Xilinx website. Once downloaded, follow the installation instructions provided by Xilinx. Note that Xilinx ISE is not officially supported on OSX, so there may be compatibility issues.

2. Can I program my SP601 board using Xilinx on OSX?

Yes, you can program your SP601 board using Xilinx on OSX. However, you will need to make sure that your board is compatible with the Xilinx ISE software and that you have the necessary drivers installed.

3. What are the system requirements for Xilinx programming on OSX?

The system requirements for Xilinx programming on OSX can vary depending on the version of Xilinx ISE you are using. Generally, you will need a Mac computer with an Intel Core processor, at least 4GB of RAM, and sufficient hard drive space for the software and project files.

4. How do I debug my Xilinx program on OSX?

To debug your Xilinx program on OSX, you can use the built-in Xilinx debugger or a third-party debugger such as GDB. You will need to set up your debugging environment and configure the debugger to work with your program.

5. Is there a support community for Xilinx programming on OSX?

Yes, there are several online communities and forums where you can find support for Xilinx programming on OSX. These include the Xilinx Community Forums, Stack Overflow, and various social media groups. You can also reach out to Xilinx customer support for assistance.

Suggested for: Xilinx programming on OSX (Found an SP601)

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views