Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Xray NanoDiffraction of Si and SiGe

1. Mar 20, 2017 #1
    Hello
    I have been struggling with my research on xray diffraction of crystals and had a few questions about crystallography, rocking curves(omega scan), θ-2θ scans and diffraction patterns. Let me know if you need more explanation. Thank you!

-What is the difference between a rocking curve(omega scan) and a θ-2θ scan?
    -Is there any correlation between the circular diffraction pattern on a detector and θ-2θ and omega scans?
    -How does one know what the primitive diffraction planes of a crystal are?(miller indices)

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Apr 3, 2017 #3
    Hi again, read and understand this here, then let me know if you still have questions.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1107/S0365110X67000970/abstract

Angle calculations for 3- and 4-circle X-ray and neutron diffractometers

1. W. R. Busing and
    2. H. A. Levy
    DOI: 10.1107/S0365110X67000970

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted