Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Your Favorite Tune of The Week (02/10 - 09/10)

1. Oct 2, 2009 #1

Monocerotis

Gold Member

If you're anything like me, you'll latch on to a song, and listen to it non stop for about a week. After that you'll move on to the next thing that pleases your auditory senses.

So, what song are you going to be listening to for this ongoing week ?
    Old or new - any genre of music, it's all good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stoneface & Terminal - St Francis Foley (Club Mix)

Skip to 2:50 if you want to get to the good stuff right away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2009 #2

turbo

Gold Member

I really mix things up, so that I don't get stuck on something. One exception a few months ago was when I got a Sting song stuck in my head and saw the outrageous video that went along with it. Now what's with that hair-do?

4. Oct 2, 2009 #3
    That video is a trip. Although I don't particularly like listening to that type of music that song was pretty good lol.

Edit:

Wow I've listened to that song like 3x now already turbo it's actually really good... goes along with a few things going on in my life atm. Thanks for posting it :D I'm so happppy... ;)

5. Oct 2, 2009 #4

Monocerotis

Gold Member

Is it weird that I think sting has a cool haircut in that video ?

HAHAHA

6. Oct 2, 2009 #5

minger

Science Advisor

7. Oct 2, 2009 #6
  8. Oct 2, 2009 #7
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  9. Oct 2, 2009 #8

turbo

Gold Member

OK, you must stop listening for a few days before venturing back into the addiction. It's a really "hooky" song and it will stay in your head for a long time - especially if you have had personal experiences that you can relate to the lyrics.

10. Oct 2, 2009 #9
    yeah i can tell haha :D

11. Oct 2, 2009 #10
    I'm not usually such an idie type snob, but this song does it for me big time... for the past week or so...

12. Oct 2, 2009 #11

turbo

Gold Member

OK, I've got to admit that this song got my attention for a week or so, and I bought the CD, too. Vince and Rodney play each others' wives in the video, and really ham it up.

13. Oct 2, 2009 #12

turbo

Gold Member

Is that a cool hair-do? I wouldn't have paid for that one, unless I was planning to make an off-the-wall video, and then shave it off. ;-)

14. Oct 2, 2009 #13

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wait a minute, Did you live in the apartment below me about 24-25 yrs ago? :tongue: Because if you did, man that was really annoying.

15. Oct 2, 2009 #14

turbo

Gold Member

I don't think he's old enough to have had the dorm room next to mine back about 40 years ago. I'd put a hit on him if he owned up to it, though. Luckily, on the other side was a U of M pitcher who was a DJ on the campus FM station and who loved Miles Davis, Jimi Hendrix, and Bob Dylan. I didn't always enjoy the stuff coming through the walls, but it wasn't absolute crap, either.

16. Oct 2, 2009 #15
    Ah I got this song stuck in my head. Always reminded me of my girl. Me and her are in some tough times now though. :( (Hopefully Cyrus doesn't read this lol:D)

You guys probably don't listen to this stuff anyways :P

17. Oct 3, 2009 #16

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

18. Oct 3, 2009 #17
    I usually get on kicks for certain types of music and not so much certain songs.

Currently I am on an Irish Rock/Punk kick, looking for bands I have never heard of before. There actually is a certain song that I have been really hooked on though I guess. Its a rendition of [Come Out Ye] Black and Tans by Irish Stew of Sindidun.

Ha! I found it on youtube... note that there is a heavy political message with pictures to go along so some may be offended (specifically it is pro IRA).

edit: I am not sure why it says "black and trans"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook