Your Favorite Tune of The Week (02/10 - 09/10)

• Thread starter Monocerotis
  • Start date
In summary, Stoneface & Terminal's St Francis Foley (Club Mix) has been playing in my head for the past week. It's a good song, but the video that goes along with it is weird. I don't usually like this type of music, but the song is good. I've also been listening to Jay-Z's Run This Town a lot lately.
Monocerotis
Gold Member
If you're anything like me, you'll latch on to a song, and listen to it non stop for about a week. After that you'll move on to the next thing that pleases your auditory senses.

So, what song are you going to be listening to for this ongoing week ?
Old or new - any genre of music, it's all good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stoneface & Terminal - St Francis Foley (Club Mix)

Skip to 2:50 if you want to get to the good stuff right away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I really mix things up, so that I don't get stuck on something. One exception a few months ago was when I got a Sting song stuck in my head and saw the outrageous video that went along with it. Now what's with that hair-do?

turbo-1 said:
I really mix things up, so that I don't get stuck on something. One exception a few months ago was when I got a Sting song stuck in my head and saw the outrageous video that went along with it. Now what's with that hair-do?

That video is a trip. Although I don't particularly like listening to that type of music that song was pretty good lol.

Edit:

Wow I've listened to that song like 3x now already turbo it's actually really good... goes along with a few things going on in my life atm. Thanks for posting it :D I'm so happppy... ;)

Is it weird that I think sting has a cool haircut in that video ?

HAHAHA

Sorry! said:
That video is a trip. Although I don't particularly like listening to that type of music that song was pretty good lol.

Edit:

Wow I've listened to that song like 3x now already turbo it's actually really good... goes along with a few things going on in my life atm. Thanks for posting it :D I'm so happppy... ;)
OK, you must stop listening for a few days before venturing back into the addiction. It's a really "hooky" song and it will stay in your head for a long time - especially if you have had personal experiences that you can relate to the lyrics.

turbo-1 said:
OK, you must stop listening for a few days before venturing back into the addiction. It's a really "hooky" song and it will stay in your head for a long time - especially if you have had personal experiences that you can relate to the lyrics.

yeah i can tell haha :D

I'm not usually such an idie type snob, but this song does it for me big time... for the past week or so...

OK, I've got to admit that this song got my attention for a week or so, and I bought the CD, too. Vince and Rodney play each others' wives in the video, and really ham it up.

Monocerotis said:
Is it weird that I think sting has a cool haircut in that video ?

HAHAHA
Is that a cool hair-do? I wouldn't have paid for that one, unless I was planning to make an off-the-wall video, and then shave it off. ;-)

Monocerotis said:
If you're anything like me, you'll latch on to a song, and listen to it non stop for about a week. After that you'll move on to the next thing that pleases your auditory senses.

Wait a minute, Did you live in the apartment below me about 24-25 yrs ago? :tongue: Because if you did, man that was really annoying.

Janus said:
Wait a minute, Did you live in the apartment below me about 24-25 yrs ago? :tongue: Because if you did, man that was really annoying.
I don't think he's old enough to have had the dorm room next to mine back about 40 years ago. I'd put a hit on him if he owned up to it, though. Luckily, on the other side was a U of M pitcher who was a DJ on the campus FM station and who loved Miles Davis, Jimi Hendrix, and Bob Dylan. I didn't always enjoy the stuff coming through the walls, but it wasn't absolute crap, either.

Ah I got this song stuck in my head. Always reminded me of my girl. Me and her are in some tough times now though. :( (Hopefully Cyrus doesn't read this lol:D)

You guys probably don't listen to this stuff anyways :P

I usually get on kicks for certain types of music and not so much certain songs.

Currently I am on an Irish Rock/Punk kick, looking for bands I have never heard of before. There actually is a certain song that I have been really hooked on though I guess. Its a rendition of [Come Out Ye] Black and Tans by Irish Stew of Sindidun.

Ha! I found it on youtube... note that there is a heavy political message with pictures to go along so some may be offended (specifically it is pro IRA).

edit: I am not sure why it says "black and trans"

1. What is the title and artist of your favorite tune this week?

The title of my favorite tune this week is "Blinding Lights" by The Weeknd.

2. What genre does this tune belong to?

This tune belongs to the pop/R&B genre.

3. What do you like about this tune?

I love the catchy beat and the nostalgic 80s vibe of this tune. The vocals are also impressive and the lyrics are easy to sing along to.

4. Is this tune currently on the top charts?

Yes, "Blinding Lights" is currently on the top of various charts, including the Billboard Hot 100 and the UK Singles Chart.

5. Can you recommend other songs or artists similar to this tune?

If you enjoy "Blinding Lights", I would recommend checking out other songs by The Weeknd such as "Can't Feel My Face" or "In Your Eyes". Other artists with a similar sound include Dua Lipa and Bruno Mars.