Your guess (or some ideas) for Nobel 2019

• A
  • Thread starter lukangled
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary, the conversation discussed potential candidates for the 2019 physics Nobel medal and focused on the recent loophole-free Bell tests. Lukas suggested Alain Aspect as a potential winner, while also mentioning the possibility of it being a collaborative effort. Alain then suggested Anton Zeilinger as another potential candidate for his work on the loophole-free Bell tests.
lukangled
TL;DR Summary
some collection of ideas (including against official Nobel rules) for Nobel prize 2019
Hi folks,

in some previous years, I think it was a bit easier (e.g., gravitational waves), but what is your guess for this year: who will / who should win a physics Nobel medal 2019? I'm also more interested in the actual research than in the individuals, so if you don't want to pin it to a single name or if it is a collaboration, that's fine. Just a collection of your thoughts...

Best
Lukas

Physics news on Phys.org
Alain Aspect.

Likes TeethWhitener
Good one, I like it. Maybe then also to some people for the recent loophole-free Bell tests? But there, I couldn't make a choice.

Anyways, other ideas?

Likes Demystifier
George Jones said:
Alain Aspect.
To piggyback off that: Anton Zeilinger.

Likes Demystifier
Zeilinger, for the loophole-free Bell tests.

1. What is your prediction for the Nobel Prize in Physics for 2019?

My guess is that the Nobel Prize in Physics for 2019 will be awarded for groundbreaking research in the field of quantum computing.

2. Who do you think will win the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2019?

It is difficult to predict, but I believe that the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for 2019 will go to scientists who have made significant contributions to the development of renewable energy technologies.

3. What is your opinion on the potential Nobel Prize winners in Medicine for 2019?

I am not able to provide a definitive answer, but I think that the Nobel Prize in Medicine for 2019 may be awarded for advancements in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.

4. Do you think there will be any surprises in the Nobel Prize winners for 2019?

It is always possible for there to be unexpected winners, but based on current research and achievements, I do not anticipate any major surprises in the Nobel Prize winners for 2019.

5. Can you explain the selection process for the Nobel Prize?

The Nobel Prize is awarded by various committees of experts in each field, who review nominations and select the most deserving candidates based on their contributions to their respective fields. The final decision is made by the Nobel Assembly, which consists of members of the Swedish Academy of Sciences, the Karolinska Institute, and the Norwegian Nobel Committee.