Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Zeptospace Odyssey-looks like the first witty LHC book

1. Feb 15, 2010 #1

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Zeptospace Odyssey---looks like the first witty LHC book

Amazon lets you browse an ample sample of this new hip HEP book.
    It's a fun book about fundamental physics with characters and anecdotes going back to Bohr and brought up to the Large Hadron minute.

Gian Francesco Giudice is a CERN theorist. Book hit the market 25 January, 2010.

The way he uses language, metaphor and imagery to convey physics ideas shows mastery, talent (plus a sense of humor). From what I can see, I think he makes Brian Greene look like a klutz.

https://www.amazon.com/Zeptospace-O...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266250510&sr=1-1

I used the "look inside" feature to browse around in it. They also have a PDF of the book's "prologue". I haven't looked at it. Hope it is up to the samples you get using the "surprise me" function.

See what you think.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2010 #2

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Re: Zeptospace Odyssey---looks like the first witty LHC book

This book is selling like crazy even though it is temporarily out of stock at amazon. So when you order you effectively get on a back-order waiting list.

Soon after coming on the market, it went to the top of the physics best seller list. And subsequently has been oscillating around the top. At the moment #2.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/227399/

It is steady at #1 place on the particle physics bestseller list.
    They also are selling a kindle (electronic) edition where you don't have to wait---delivery is immediate.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook