Zeptospace Odyssey-looks like the first witty LHC book

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Lhc
In summary, "Zeptospace Odyssey" is a witty and fun book about fundamental physics, written by CERN theorist Gian Francesco Giudice. It was released on January 25th, 2010 and quickly became a top seller in the physics category on Amazon. The book incorporates characters and anecdotes from the history of physics, and uses language, metaphors, and imagery to convey complex ideas with humor and expertise. It is available in both physical and electronic formats, with the kindle edition offering immediate delivery. Despite being temporarily out of stock on Amazon, it remains a top seller in the physics category.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Zeptospace Odyssey---looks like the first witty LHC book

Amazon let's you browse an ample sample of this new hip HEP book.
It's a fun book about fundamental physics with characters and anecdotes going back to Bohr and brought up to the Large Hadron minute.

Gian Francesco Giudice is a CERN theorist. Book hit the market 25 January, 2010.

The way he uses language, metaphor and imagery to convey physics ideas shows mastery, talent (plus a sense of humor). From what I can see, I think he makes Brian Greene look like a klutz.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0199581916/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I used the "look inside" feature to browse around in it. They also have a PDF of the book's "prologue". I haven't looked at it. Hope it is up to the samples you get using the "surprise me" function.

See what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This book is selling like crazy even though it is temporarily out of stock at amazon. So when you order you effectively get on a back-order waiting list.

Soon after coming on the market, it went to the top of the physics best seller list. And subsequently has been oscillating around the top. At the moment #2.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/227399/&tag=pfamazon01-20

It is steady at #1 place on the particle physics bestseller list.
They also are selling a kindle (electronic) edition where you don't have to wait---delivery is immediate.

1. What is "Zeptospace Odyssey"?

"Zeptospace Odyssey" is a witty book that explores the fascinating world of particle physics and the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) through a fictional story.

2. What is the LHC and why is it important?

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world's largest and most powerful particle accelerator. It is used by scientists to study the fundamental building blocks of matter and the forces that govern the universe. Its discoveries have revolutionized our understanding of the universe and have the potential to unlock many mysteries of the universe.

3. Who is the author of "Zeptospace Odyssey"?

The author of "Zeptospace Odyssey" is a scientist and writer who has a deep understanding of particle physics and the LHC. They have used their knowledge and creativity to bring this complex topic to a wider audience through a witty and engaging story.

4. How is "Zeptospace Odyssey" different from other books about the LHC?

"Zeptospace Odyssey" stands out from other books about the LHC because it presents complex scientific concepts in a fun and engaging way. The fictional story and witty dialogue make it easier for readers to understand and retain the information. It also includes beautiful illustrations and diagrams to further enhance the learning experience.

5. Is "Zeptospace Odyssey" suitable for non-scientists?

Yes, "Zeptospace Odyssey" is written in a way that is accessible to non-scientists. The author has taken great care to explain complex concepts in simple terms and has included helpful analogies and examples. It is a great read for anyone who is interested in science, the LHC, or just loves a good story.

Back