How do I remove the blue box around axis labels in SciDAVis?

• Thread starter syberraith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Application
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of SciDAVis on a Debian Linux system and the issue of a persistent blue box appearing around axis labels in plotted graphs. The solution is suggested to be seeking help on the SciDAVis forum, and the conversation ends with positive feedback about the app.
syberraith
This might be the wrong forum for this question, anyway here it is:

I'm using SciDAVis on a Athlon based system running Debian Linux. I am try to produce some graph of functions. The math part is working fine. However, when I try to change the axis labels, a blue box forms around the axis label and remains there.

When I export the plot, the blue box is still there. There seems to be an absence of any setting that I can find to turn off the blue box. I can erase it with a image editor, alhtough I'd rather just get rid of it in SciDAVis if possible.

Physics news on Phys.org
I got it going on. It was just a bit of that new app learning curve.

SciDAVis is really an awesome app. So glad to have found it.

Thanks,

Fred

1. What is SciDAVis?

SciDAVis is a free and open-source plotting and data analysis application designed for scientists, engineers, and students. It allows users to efficiently create, manipulate, and analyze scientific graphs and plots.

2. What are the key features of SciDAVis?

Some of the key features of SciDAVis include a user-friendly interface, support for various graph types and data formats, customizable plot settings, data manipulation and analysis tools, and the ability to export plots in different formats.

3. Is SciDAVis compatible with different operating systems?

Yes, SciDAVis is compatible with various operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.

4. Can I import data from external sources into SciDAVis?

Yes, SciDAVis allows you to import data from external sources such as spreadsheets, text files, and databases. You can also copy and paste data directly into the application.

5. Is there a community or support forum for SciDAVis users?

Yes, there is an active community of SciDAVis users who share tips, tricks, and provide support in the official SciDAVis forum. You can also find helpful resources and tutorials on the official website.