Register to reply

Voltage Drop Between Sender & Receiver .....( help needed ASAP , Thanks in advance )

by Serena_hm
Tags: advance, asap, receiver, sender, voltage
Share this thread:
Serena_hm
Jan22-12, 11:21 AM
P: 18
hello every body I'm EE student and I'm new member here ... in a deep need for your help & knowledge

I'm doing some reading about the power transmitted from the sender to the receiver end , As we all know that when we have an inductive load we need to connect capacitors on parallel to the load in order to compensate the drop in voltage
My question is ; what keeps the current to flow from the supply to the load ( as long as there is no longer difference in voltage ) ....
Is that because the Vs ( Sending voltage end ) and Vr ( receiving voltage end ) will "almost" have same magnitude but different phase angle !?

Another question ; what makes the voltage to drop in the very first place exactly !? the load !?

Regards.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Tricorder XPRIZE: 10 teams advance in global competition to develop consumer-focused diagnostic device
Study shows local seismic isolation and damping methods provide optimal protection for essential computing equipment
New filter technology uses inert gas to bore holes in high-quality steel
sophiecentaur
Jan23-12, 05:17 AM
Sci Advisor
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 12,171
Hello.
Why a current with no voltage drop (DC or AC)? For an ideal connecting wire the voltage drop is zero, too. Does that bother you? Reason: the resistance is vanishingly small so, for any current flowing through it, the voltage drop will also be vanishingly small.
(V = IR)
Draw yourself a schematic diagram of the situation, including a Source resistance, a Load (resistance plus some series L) and parallel C. Where is the L and where is the C? Calculate what the Load will look like with C = 0 and when the C and L resonate? See how much Power is dissipated in the Load under those two conditions.

Register to reply