Voltage Drop Between Sender & Receiver ......( help needed ASAP , Thanks in advance )

by Serena_hm
Tags: advance, asap, receiver, sender, voltage
Serena_hm
Jan22-12, 11:21 AM
P: 18
hello every body I'm EE student and I'm new member here ... in a deep need for your help & knowledge

I'm doing some reading about the power transmitted from the sender to the receiver end , As we all know that when we have an inductive load we need to connect capacitors on parallel to the load in order to compensate the drop in voltage
My question is ; what keeps the current to flow from the supply to the load ( as long as there is no longer difference in voltage ) ....
Is that because the Vs ( Sending voltage end ) and Vr ( receiving voltage end ) will "almost" have same magnitude but different phase angle !?

Another question ; what makes the voltage to drop in the very first place exactly !? the load !?

Regards.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Lifting the brakes on fuel efficiency
PsiKick's batteryless sensors poised for coming 'Internet of things'
Researcher launches successful tech start-up to help the blind
sophiecentaur
Jan23-12, 05:17 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,352
Hello.
Why a current with no voltage drop (DC or AC)? For an ideal connecting wire the voltage drop is zero, too. Does that bother you? Reason: the resistance is vanishingly small so, for any current flowing through it, the voltage drop will also be vanishingly small.
(V = IR)
Draw yourself a schematic diagram of the situation, including a Source resistance, a Load (resistance plus some series L) and parallel C. Where is the L and where is the C? Calculate what the Load will look like with C = 0 and when the C and L resonate? See how much Power is dissipated in the Load under those two conditions.

Register to reply