Engineer Technical Letter Request

In summary, the individual is conducting research on Dam Safety and is searching for a specific document, the Engineer Technical Letter ETL 1110-2-221: Wave Runup and Wind Setup on Reservoir Embankments, published by the US Army Corps of Engineers in 1976. They have been unable to find it online and are seeking help in obtaining a copy. The suggestion is made to speak with a reference librarian for assistance in borrowing the document from other libraries.
af_231
As part of a research project on Dam Safety I am making some calculations for wave runup an wind setup on a existing embankment dam.
Looking for information, I found a citation of the US Army Corps of Engineers related to my research topic, but I have not been able to find this document on the USACE online library.
I am interested in the Engineer Technical Letter ETL 1110-2-221: Wave Runup and Wind Setup on Reservoir Embankments, USACE 1976.

I was wondering if there is some way to get a copy of this document?
(The document is freely distributed, but, maybe due it is quite old, I haven't been able to find it on internet).

I would very grateful to receive any information related to my request.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Go talk to a reference librarian. They can usually help borrow things from other libraries if your library does not have it.

I agree with OldEngr63. Every time I was doing research projects and had issues finding copies of documents, the librarians in the university engineering library were wonderfully helpful.

1. What is an Engineer Technical Letter Request?

An Engineer Technical Letter Request is a formal document that requests a technical letter from an engineer. This letter may be required for a variety of purposes, such as obtaining permits, approvals, or certifications for a project.

2. Who can request an Engineer Technical Letter?

Typically, an Engineer Technical Letter Request is made by a project manager, architect, or other professional involved in a construction or engineering project. The requestor should have a clear understanding of the purpose of the letter and the specific information that is needed from the engineer.

3. What information should be included in an Engineer Technical Letter Request?

An Engineer Technical Letter Request should include the project details, such as the project name, location, scope, and any relevant drawings or plans. It should also clearly state the specific information that is needed from the engineer, such as a statement of compliance, design calculations, or approval of materials.

4. How long does it take to receive an Engineer Technical Letter?

The time it takes to receive an Engineer Technical Letter can vary depending on the complexity of the request and the availability of the engineer. It is best to submit the request as early as possible to allow enough time for the engineer to review and provide the necessary information.

5. What should I do if I need an Engineer Technical Letter in a hurry?

In urgent situations, it is best to directly contact the engineer and explain the urgency of the request. They may be able to expedite the process or provide a temporary letter until a more detailed one can be issued. However, it is important to note that quality and accuracy should not be compromised for speed.