by arunbg
Tags: cheese, evo, food, ninfa, recipes
Share this thread:
Evo
Mar10-12, 03:28 PM
Mentor
P: 26,523
Quote Quote by Monique View Post
I'll be trying the following chocolate cake tomorrow, which is basically chocolate with butter sin :) http://www.masterchef.com.au/bitter-...rry-coulis.htm I can't wait!
Sounds delicious! I love chocolate, hazelnuts and raspberries.
turbo
Mar10-12, 06:45 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
What's not to love?
alexg
Mar10-12, 08:48 PM
P: 126
I've been making a lot of guac lately, and using it where ever I would use mayo.
Borek
Mar11-12, 03:36 AM
Admin
P: 23,533
I would add raisins.
turbo
Mar11-12, 03:43 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
I would add raisins.
Evo will ban you!
Evo
Mar11-12, 10:04 AM
Mentor
I would add raisins.
AAARRRGGH!!!!!

Quote Quote by turbo View Post
Evo will ban you!
That *is* a banable offense.
rollcast
Mar11-12, 10:07 AM
P: 418
AAARRRGGH!!!!!

That *is* a banable offense.
What's wrong with raisins they make a lot of things better.

Take an apple tart for example, raisins in there takes what was just an ordinary pie to a new extra ordinary level, also a bit of lemon juice, cinammon and orange zest helps as well.
lisab
Mar11-12, 10:09 AM
Mentor
P: 2,985
If you soak them in rum first (or a spirit of your choice), raisins become something even an anti-raisin person could love .
Evo
Mar11-12, 10:16 AM
Mentor
Quote Quote by rollcast View Post
What's wrong with raisins they make a lot of things better.

Take an apple tart for example, raisins in there takes what was just an ordinary pie to a new extra ordinary level, also a bit of lemon juice, cinammon and orange zest helps as well.
It's a joke about my intense dislike for chocolate covered raisin candy. They're an abomination.
Monique
Mar11-12, 04:27 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
Oohh, I like chocolate covered raisins, but I don't want raisins in my chocolate cake!

And I made the cake and it was DELICIOUS! actually the best chocolate cake I've ever tasted: the middle was still a gooey chocolate paste and the outside was crisp. It was best without the raspberry coulis, I thought it distracted from the intense chocolate flavor. We managed to eat half of the cake, which was quite a feat. It was actually quite nauseating melting almost equal amounts of chocolate and butter, but that feeling disappeared when a silken chocolate mixture appeared out of that :)

As a starter I made pea soup and as a main herb crumbled roast tomatoes with spinach and ricotta cannelloni. My guests rated me above a 4.5/5 star (TripAdvisor rating) restaurant that they visited the day before, so I can end the day on a good note
Evo
Mar11-12, 04:45 PM
Mentor
Oohh, I like chocolate covered raisins,
NOOOO! Et tu Monique?

And I made the cake and it was DELICIOUS! actually the best chocolate cake I've ever tasted: the middle was still a gooey chocolate paste and the outside was crisp. It was best without the raspberry coulis, I thought it distracted from the intense chocolate flavor. We managed to eat half of the cake, which was quite a feat. It was actually quite nauseating melting almost equal amounts of chocolate and butter, but that feeling disappeared when a silken chocolate mixture appeared out of that :)

As a starter I made pea soup and as a main herb crumbled roast tomatoes with spinach and ricotta cannelloni. My guests rated me above a 4.5/5 star (TripAdvisor rating) restaurant that they visited the day before, so I can end the day on a good note
YUM!!!
Borek
Mar11-12, 04:52 PM
Admin
P: 23,533
Oohh, I like chocolate covered raisins
Evo
Mar11-12, 05:03 PM
Mentor
It's...it's...it's just so wrong...
Jimmy Snyder
Mar13-12, 10:22 AM
P: 2,179
Crock of baloney stew

My father told this joke on more than one occasion and it certainly was funny the first time. He said that he crossed an abalone with a crocodile in hopes of getting an abadile, but all he got was a crock of baloney. And since this is the primary electioneering season, I thought it would be appropriate to cook up a big batch of the stuff.

1.17 lbs of stew meat, as marbled as you can get.
4 carrots.
3 potatoes. Potatoes come in different sizes so you can substitute 4 potatoes as long as the total volume comes to the same as 3 potatoes.
Mushrooms.
1 Bell pepper. Cause I can't eat onions.
1 can of sweet corn kernels.
Some water.
Some wine. The less water you use, the more wine you will need. I tend to use a drop of water, but not too large a drop.
Curry powder. Not too much, and not too little, but just right for your own taste.

Sear the meat, cut the veggies, put all the ingredients in the crock pot. Set it and forget it. Oops, is that considered plagiarism? Republicans and Democrats alike will be relieved to hear that no baloneys were harmed in the production of this stew.

I've never actually tasted this stew. I just got it started. I'll find out tonight how it tastes. My wife is sure to say it tasted good though. She'll just be relieved she didn't have to cook tonight and will be reluctant to throttle my budding efforts at cooking.
Evo
Mar13-12, 10:51 AM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Jimmy Snyder View Post
Crock of baloney stew

My father told this joke on more than one occasion and it certainly was funny the first time. He said that he crossed an abalone with a crocodile in hopes of getting an abadile, but all he got was a crock of baloney. And since this is the primary electioneering season, I thought it would be appropriate to cook up a big batch of the stuff.

1.17 lbs of stew meat, as marbled as you can get.
4 carrots.
3 potatoes. Potatoes come in different sizes so you can substitute 4 potatoes as long as the total volume comes to the same as 3 potatoes.
Mushrooms.
1 Bell pepper. Cause I can't eat onions.
1 can of sweet corn kernels.
Some water.
Some wine. The less water you use, the more wine you will need. I tend to use a drop of water, but not too large a drop.
Curry powder. Not too much, and not too little, but just right for your own taste.

Sear the meat, cut the veggies, put all the ingredients in the crock pot. Set it and forget it. Oops, is that considered plagiarism? Republicans and Democrats alike will be relieved to hear that no baloneys were harmed in the production of this stew.

I've never actually tasted this stew. I just got it started. I'll find out tonight how it tastes. My wife is sure to say it tasted good though. She'll just be relieved she didn't have to cook tonight and will be reluctant to throttle my budding efforts at cooking.
You can't go wrong with beef and red wine. Are you using red curry? I *love* red curry with beef.
Evo
Mar15-12, 11:29 PM
Mentor
So, how was the stew? It sounded like a twist on the classic boeuf bourgignon.
netgypsy
Mar17-12, 01:10 AM
P: 239
Cooked raisins are disgusting!

In any recipe that calls for heating chocolate and butter over hot water you can instead heat them in the microwave until the butter is liquid and some of the chocolate is still solid. At that point remove from the microwave and stir the mixture until the remaining solid chocolate also melts. This mixture should be cooled to room temperature before adding to eggs or it can actually cook the eggs and make the end product tough. And when it says unsalted butter, it does make a difference even if you add salt later in the recipe. Another trick is to bring the eggs to room temperature before using them. We used to put them in our pockets to warm them faster. The cake recipe sounds wonderful - have to try it.
Monique
Mar17-12, 05:20 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
Quote Quote by netgypsy View Post
The cake recipe sounds wonderful - have to try it.
And I'm still enjoying it. I froze the left over cake and slowly defrost slices every other day. For the finishing touch I heat it in a low oven, to melt the interior slightly and regain a crispy crust. I had made up my mind to next time half the recipe and bake it in a smaller pan, now I'm reconsidering that thought

Register to reply