PayPal is giving me fits.

by turbo
Tags: fits, giving, paypal
Share this thread:
turbo
Nov13-12, 09:45 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
I tried to re-subscribe to PF this morning, and PayPal won't accept my credit card. Can't figure out why, for the life of me. Help!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New model helps explain how provisions promote or reduce wildlife disease
Stress can make hard-working mongooses less likely to help in the future
Grammatical habits in written English reveal linguistic features of non-native speakers' languages
jedishrfu
Nov13-12, 09:48 AM
P: 2,766
call your credit card company and ask them, maybe your card has been reissued with a different number due to some hack attack.
turbo
Nov13-12, 10:11 AM
PF Gold
I called them. My card is fine and my account has a huge line of credit. According to customer service, PayPal has not even attempted to submit my subscription payment. Time to find contact info for PayPal, and sit around on hold for an hour, I guess.

jedishrfu
Nov13-12, 11:03 AM
P: 2,766
PayPal is giving me fits.

From web searches it seems PayPal has a history of not processing credit cards and not providing info on why.
turbo
Nov13-12, 11:18 AM
PF Gold
PayPal still won't accept the card, though the PP customer service reps say there is nothing wrong with the card.
AlephZero
Nov13-12, 04:24 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 6,921
Quote Quote by jedishrfu View Post
From web searches it seems PayPal has a history of not processing credit cards and not providing info on why.
You can't deduce too much from that, because people who DON'T have any problem with PayPal are unlikely to post that fact on web forums!

@Turbo, have you logged onto the Paypal site directly (https:whatever-it-is) to check your account details and if you have any messages? FWIW they changed their systems in Europe sometime last year because of new financial regulations following the banking crisis, which meant I effectively had to answer a few questions to carry on using my account. (Whether there was any point having to answer questions that amounted to "are you a potential terrorist or money launderer" is another matter, but ticking the right boxes was painless enough).
turbo
Nov13-12, 04:38 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by AlephZero View Post
@Turbo, have you logged onto the Paypal site directly (https:whatever-it-is) to check your account details and if you have any messages?.
I don't have a PayPal account. I used a link to Greg's account to pay directly with a CC. I have been doing that in the past and it always worked fine, using the same CC.

Register to reply