Blue threads in forum display

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the blue threads in forum display indicate threads that have been read or viewed by the user, and some forums may allow users to customize the color of the threads. The color of the threads may vary depending on the forum's design and settings, and to mark a thread as read, simply click on the thread's title or checkmark icon. If a thread is accidentally marked as read, it can usually be undone by clicking on the thread again or using the "mark as unread" option.
You may have noticed in forum display some threads are blue. This is being tested as a way to make recognizing threads without a reply easier. This is especially helpful in the homework forums. Currently I'm trying to figure out how to exempt moved and sticky threads.

Physics news on Phys.org
I was wondering why all my threads were blue.

1. What do the blue threads in forum display indicate?

The blue threads in forum display typically indicate threads that have been read or viewed by the user. This helps users keep track of which threads they have already seen and which ones are new.

2. Can I change the color of the threads in forum display?

Some forums may allow users to customize the color of the threads in display, but it ultimately depends on the forum's settings. Check the forum's preferences or settings to see if this is an option.

3. Why are some threads in forum display not blue?

The color of the threads in forum display may vary depending on the forum's design and settings. Some forums may use different colors to indicate different categories or types of threads, so not all threads may be blue.

4. How do I mark a thread as read in forum display?

To mark a thread as read in forum display, simply click on the thread's title or the checkmark icon next to it. This will indicate to the forum that you have viewed the thread and it will no longer appear as a new thread.

5. What if I accidentally mark a thread as read in forum display?

If you accidentally mark a thread as read in forum display, you can usually undo this action by clicking on the thread's title or the checkmark icon again. Some forums also have a "mark as unread" option for individual threads. If you have accidentally marked several threads as read, you may need to find and revisit those threads to reset their status.