Theorem of mutations in a numeral sequence

In summary, Ben is discussing a paper about modifying sequences of numbers bit by bit. He is confused by the last line which states that no matter what the sequences are, they will be of length n-n2. However, this is not true in his example of n = n2 = 3. Ben is interested in theorems about numerical strings but feels that the paper did not clearly explain the theorem. He asks if the theorem can be written without an example or if the last line can be rephrased for better understanding.
dimension10
I have observed a strange thing when you modify a sequence of numbers bit by bit.

Attachments

• Copy of Theorom of Mutations.pdf
    24.1 KB · Views: 323
Physics news on Phys.org
I have read your paper, but I am a bit perplexed by the last line:

'You will notice that no matter what the X and Y sequences are n-n2.'

What do you mean by this? If you mean that the sequences are of length n - n2, then this is not true as n = n2 = 3 in your example.

I am always interested in theorems regarding numerical strings, but I feel that your paper did not quite convey the theorem you are wanting to give us.

Any way you can simply write out the theorem without any example? If not, maybe rephrase your last line/paragraph to better explain this.

Ben

BWElbert said:
I have read your paper, but I am a bit perplexed by the last line:

'You will notice that no matter what the X and Y sequences are n-n2.'

What do you mean by this? If you mean that the sequences are of length n - n2, then this is not true as n = n2 = 3 in your example.

I am always interested in theorems regarding numerical strings, but I feel that your paper did not quite convey the theorem you are wanting to give us.

Any way you can simply write out the theorem without any example? If not, maybe rephrase your last line/paragraph to better explain this.

Ben

I think he meant n = n2 not n-n2
Edit but that can't be right since it dosn't work for the mutation ABCDE->BAECD.

Last edited:

1. What is the Theorem of Mutations in a Numeral Sequence?

The Theorem of Mutations in a Numeral Sequence is a mathematical concept that describes the process of changing one number into another number through a series of incremental mutations. It is used to study patterns and relationships within numerical sequences.

2. How does the Theorem of Mutations work?

The Theorem of Mutations states that any number can be transformed into another number through a series of mutations, where each mutation involves adding or subtracting a specific number from the previous number. The mutations must follow a specific pattern or rule in order to reach the desired number.

3. What is the significance of studying the Theorem of Mutations?

Studying the Theorem of Mutations can help us understand the underlying patterns and relationships within numerical sequences. This can have practical applications in fields such as cryptography, computer science, and data analysis.

4. Can the Theorem of Mutations be applied to all numerical sequences?

Yes, the Theorem of Mutations can be applied to any numerical sequence as long as it follows a specific pattern or rule. However, some numerical sequences may be more complex and require more mutations to reach the desired number.

5. Are there any limitations to the Theorem of Mutations?

The Theorem of Mutations is a mathematical concept and may not always accurately represent real-world situations. It also does not account for external factors that may affect numerical sequences, such as random events or changes in the underlying system.