Math Brian Teaser I thought of

• Thread starter Diffy
  • Start date
In summary, the "Math Brian Teaser" is a type of puzzle or brain teaser that involves using math skills to solve a problem or riddle. To solve a "Math Brian Teaser", one must carefully analyze the problem, identify patterns or clues, and use mathematical knowledge and problem-solving skills. Anyone can solve these teasers with practice and determination, and there are various types and levels of difficulty. These teasers are not only entertaining but also help improve critical thinking and problem-solving skills, making them important for practicing and reinforcing mathematical concepts.
Diffy
I recently thought of this brain teaser and was thinking that people where would enjoy.

1/2 - 1/4 = 3
1/30 - 2/5 = 7
3/4 - 3/10 = ?Enjoy :smile:

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I can think of one pattern, which would give 7/9 as the answer, but 2 examples aren't enough for me to say. I'll try finding something else. And oh, who's Brian?

Last edited:
Brian is a horrible speller!

how about another example:

4/5 - 5/6 = 32

:confused:

Sorry Diffy, I haven't had much time to look at it. I'll try to solve it by the end of the day.

What is the "Math Brian Teaser"?

The "Math Brian Teaser" is a puzzle or brain teaser that involves using math skills to solve a problem or riddle. It may be in the form of a written question or a visual puzzle.

How do I solve the "Math Brian Teaser"?

The best approach to solving a "Math Brian Teaser" is to carefully read and analyze the problem, identify any patterns or clues, and use your mathematical knowledge and problem-solving skills to find a solution. It may also be helpful to break the problem down into smaller, more manageable parts.

Can anyone solve the "Math Brian Teaser"?

Yes, anyone who is willing to put in the time and effort to think critically and use their math skills can solve a "Math Brian Teaser". It may require some practice and patience, but with determination, anyone can solve these types of puzzles.

Are there different types of "Math Brian Teasers"?

Yes, there are many different types of "Math Brian Teasers" that can vary in difficulty, format, and subject matter. Some may involve basic arithmetic, while others may require more advanced concepts like algebra or geometry.

Why are "Math Brian Teasers" important?

"Math Brian Teasers" are not only fun and entertaining, but they also help improve critical thinking and problem-solving skills. They can also be a great way to practice and reinforce mathematical concepts and principles in a fun and engaging way.