Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect

In summary, The speaker is seeking help with obtaining data for their project and specifically wants to know how much vacuum they will get at point B in their picture and if increasing the suction at the B inlet will also increase the velocity output. They plan to use fans to create a 75mph wind at the A inlet and then reduce the pipes to 12 hoses with a 1/8" diameter and 36" length. The speaker also mentions that the mass flow will be constant and that the CFM will only increase if the temperature increases or the pressure decreases significantly due to friction and viscosity. They are having trouble with their project.
Diokaef
So, I need some info on how to get the data that I'm missing on my project.

My english is not great and is very hard for me to try figure this out by myself so if you guys could help me out I will appreciate.

I need to know how much vacuum in HG I will get at the B on my picture, and if will increase the suction from my B inlet (500 CFM at 700F) mean increase its velocity output from 500CFM to ?

I will be using fans to provide a 75mph wind at the A inlet then reduce the pipes until I can divide that to 12 hoses with inside of 1/8" 36" long to a collector kind thing then will flow around of a 2 1/4" pipe, on this pipe I have already a 500CFM at 700F and I need to know how much if any increase would have at that stage (ex. 500 CFM increase to 700 CFM)

Man, I'm really having problems with this thing.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 553
Physics news on Phys.org
Mass flow across any cross section in this device will be constant. CFM will only increase if the temperature increases enough or pressure decreases enough to create a significantly large decrease in density.

Assuming this is a real device, then pressure will decrease even in the constant diameter section of pipes, due to friction with the walls of the pipes, and viscosity (friction within the gas itself).

1. What is Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect?

Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect is a scientific principle that explains the relationship between fluid speed and pressure. It states that as the speed of a fluid increases, the pressure of the fluid decreases. This principle is enhanced by the use of a venturi, which is a constricted section of a pipe that increases the fluid speed and decreases the pressure.

2. How does Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect work?

Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect works by increasing the speed of a fluid through a constricted section of a pipe, which leads to a decrease in pressure. This is due to the conservation of energy, where the kinetic energy of the fluid increases as it speeds up, causing a decrease in its potential energy, resulting in a decrease in pressure.

3. What are the practical applications of Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect?

Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect has many practical applications, including in the design of carburetors for vehicles, atomizers for spray bottles, and air flow meters. It is also used in industries such as aviation, where it is used to measure airspeed and control aircraft movement.

4. Is Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect always applicable?

Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect is a simplified version of the more complex equations of fluid dynamics and is not always applicable in every situation. It assumes that the fluid is incompressible, inviscid, and has a steady flow. In real-life scenarios, these assumptions may not hold, and the principle may not accurately predict the behavior of fluids.

5. What is the difference between Bernoulli's principle and Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect?

Bernoulli's principle is a general principle that states that as the speed of a fluid increases, the pressure decreases. On the other hand, Bernoulli's principle with venturi effect specifically applies to the use of a venturi to enhance this phenomenon. The venturi effect is a result of Bernoulli's principle, but it is not the same thing.