Help Building Rube Goldberg Machine

In summary, the conversation is about creating a Rube Goldberg machine that uses an Analogue Multimeter to measure water in a 5 quart pail of ice cream. The machine needs to have various elements such as a digital camera, a flying object, a roller coaster-like structure, elastic potential energy, two electric motors, heat energy, light energy, magnetic force, a pulley system, and a 30 inch upward vertical elevation change. The dimensions of the machine are 30 inches wide, 36 inches tall, and 40 inches long. The conversation also mentions taking inspiration from the board game "Mouse Trap."
bobm866
Hi i need help making my rube goldberg machine. It needs to use an Analogue Multimeter to determine how much water is in a 5 quart pail of ice cream (any amount of water)
The things it needs to have in it is:
1. Needs to start by hitting record button on Digital Camera
2. 1 thing to fly 30 inches or more horizontally
3. needs to act like a roller coaster
4. Use Elastlic Ponetial Engery
5. Uses 2 Electric Motors
6. 1 heat engery with heat source
7. 1 light engery
8. 1 Magnet force
9. 1 pulley system
10. 1 30 inch upward vertical elevation change
Need 8 more steps
PLEASE HELP

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you go over or under or are you limited to 18 steps no more and no less?

It can be 20 steps no more than twenty any suggestions to how i can build this machine the dimensions are 30 inches wide, 36 inches tall and 40 inches long
Thanks

Yeah. Take a look at the old board game "Mouse Trap."

1. How do I get started building a Rube Goldberg Machine?

The first step in building a Rube Goldberg Machine is to brainstorm and come up with a creative and elaborate idea. Then, gather materials and supplies that will be needed for the machine. It may also be helpful to draw a rough sketch or blueprint of the machine to plan out the different steps and components.

2. What materials do I need to build a Rube Goldberg Machine?

The materials needed for a Rube Goldberg Machine can vary depending on the complexity of the machine. Some common materials used include dominoes, marbles, pulleys, ramps, and household items such as cups, paper clips, and toy cars. It is important to use materials that are sturdy and can withstand multiple uses.

3. How do I ensure that my Rube Goldberg Machine will work smoothly?

Building a Rube Goldberg Machine can be a trial and error process, so it is important to test each step as you go. Make sure that each component is securely in place and that the machine is set up in a stable and balanced manner. It may also be helpful to have someone else watch the machine while you test it to catch any potential issues.

4. How can I make my Rube Goldberg Machine more creative and unique?

To make your Rube Goldberg Machine stand out, think outside the box and use unconventional materials or methods. Incorporate elements of humor or storytelling to add a fun and creative twist. You can also research and draw inspiration from other Rube Goldberg Machines or everyday objects and tasks.

5. What is the most challenging aspect of building a Rube Goldberg Machine?

One of the biggest challenges in building a Rube Goldberg Machine is ensuring that each step flows smoothly and consistently. It can be difficult to get all of the components to work together seamlessly, so patience and persistence are key. It may also be helpful to enlist the help of others and collaborate on ideas and solutions.