Light Intensity Lab: Solving Junior Assignment w/ 3-Page Write-Up

In summary, a junior student has been assigned a lab to find the intensity of a light source on a solar panel at different distances. The student and their partner understand how to complete the lab, but they are struggling with the assignment to write 3 pages on the intensity of light. They are looking for valid information on the topic and someone suggests starting with a Wikipedia article on intensity. The student is grateful for the suggestion.
corduroyyy
Hi, I'm a junior and I have been assigned a lab that I has completely me blown away! We are to find the intensity of our given light source on a solar panel at different distances. My partner and I understand how to complete the lab, but there is another part of the grade. We are assigned to write 3 pages about the intensity of light and we don't even know where to start. If anyone could point us in the right direction for valid information on the topic, that would be fantastic. (:

Physics news on Phys.org
LowlyPion said:
Welcome to PF.

Maybe this would be a good jumping off point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intensity

Oh sweet. Thank you, this will help a lot. (:

FAQ: Light Intensity Lab: Solving Junior Assignment w/ 3-Page Write-Up

1. What is the purpose of the Light Intensity Lab?

The purpose of the Light Intensity Lab is to measure the light intensity of different sources and understand how it affects human vision. This lab is part of a junior assignment and requires a 3-page write-up to analyze the results and draw conclusions.

2. How is light intensity measured in the lab?

The light intensity is measured using a light meter, which is a device that measures the amount of light in a given area. The light meter has a sensor that detects the light and converts it into an electrical signal, which is then displayed on the meter's screen in units of lux or foot-candles.

3. What sources of light are used in the lab?

The lab uses various sources of light, such as natural light from the sun, artificial light from light bulbs, and different colored lights. These sources are used to understand how different intensities and colors of light affect our perception and vision.

4. What are some factors that can affect light intensity?

There are several factors that can affect light intensity, such as distance from the light source, the angle at which the light is hitting the surface, and the reflectivity of the surface. Other factors include the type of light source, the intensity of light emitted, and the presence of any obstructions or filters that may alter the light intensity.

5. What are the possible conclusions that can be drawn from the results of the lab?

Based on the results of the lab, we can conclude that the intensity of light has a significant impact on our visual perception. We can also determine which sources of light are more intense and how different colors of light affect our vision. Additionally, the results can help us understand how factors such as distance and angle affect light intensity, which can have practical applications in various fields, such as photography and lighting design.

Back