"Producing d Slash Notation in Momentum Space Integration

In summary, the conversation discusses the code for producing the d slash notation in the integration measure for momentum space. The code \slashd from the comprehensive symbols-letter pdf can be used, but it may require a package. The slashed package can also be used for producing overlapped symbols, with the default behavior being \=. The \declareslashed command allows for flexibility in specifying the mathematical context of the composite character. The code \mathchar'26 can be used to produce the hbar image, and the code for the 'slash' in \hslash is still being searched for.
the1ceman
does anyone knw the code for how to produce the d slash notation in the integration measure for momentum space? Where (d slash)^n X=(d^n)X/((2pi)^n).
Basically all i want to do is replace the h:
[tex]\hslash[/tex]
with a d.

Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-letter.pdf suggests that \slashd does something like that not sure if it's supported or if you need a package (search for slash in that pdf)

Also check out p.100:

"The slashed package, although originally designed for producing Feynman
facilitates the production of arbitrary overlapped symbols. The default behavior
with \=". For example, \slashed{D} produces \ = D". However, the \declareslashed
exibility to specify the mathematical context of the composite character
will be discussed in Section 7.4), the overlapping symbol, horizontal symbolrelative
units, and the character to be overlapped. Consider, for example,
moment (\ - I"). This can be declared as follows:
\newcommand{\rqm}{{%
\declareslashed{}{\text{-}}{0.04}{0}{I}\slashed{I}}}"

thanks for the reply. So now i know that latex imposes to images over each other to produce hbar, with the code \mathchar'26 which corresponds to the 'bar'.
Now if i can just find the code for the 'slash' in \hslash, then I am done.

1. What is d Slash Notation?

D Slash Notation is a mathematical notation used in momentum space integration, specifically in high energy physics. It is used to represent the four-momentum of a particle or system in terms of its energy and momentum components.

2. How is d Slash Notation produced?

In order to produce d Slash Notation, you need to first define the four-momentum components of the particle or system you are studying. Then, using the rules of d Slash Notation, you can manipulate these components to represent them in a simplified form.

3. What are the advantages of using d Slash Notation?

D Slash Notation allows for a more compact and efficient representation of momentum space integrals, making calculations and derivations easier and faster. It also has the advantage of preserving the covariance of equations, making it useful for relativistic calculations.

4. Are there any limitations to d Slash Notation?

D Slash Notation is limited to use in four-dimensional space and is not applicable in other dimensions. It also has specific rules that must be followed, so it may not be suitable for every type of integration problem.

5. How is d Slash Notation used in scientific research?

D Slash Notation is commonly used in high energy physics research, particularly in the study of particle collisions and decays. It is also used in other fields such as quantum field theory and cosmology, where momentum space integrals are frequently encountered.