Something really weird when I access physics forum

• Thread starter Pattielli
  • Start date
In summary, the site managers are looking for ways to speed up the forums, as they are becoming slower and slower. There are no viruses or bugs on the site, but there may be problems with the speed of your ISP.
Pattielli
I don't know why whenever I access physics forums, I always get stuck at around 3 minutes before the page can fully opens.
I wonder if this is a bug or..."viruses", I mean "this" thing is the main cause to slow down the speed of physics forums.

Site managers-chroot or Mr Bernhart, would you please use a scan software to check and kill all those viruses if any, or some really good debugger to kill the bugs.

I used to meet this once when I was in another forum, it I believe, and strongly believe is the main cause for all the collapses of EVERYTHING.
They come to RUIN and keep away the good.

If EVERYTHING turns out to be NOTHING, does the meaning about THEORY OF EVERYTHING become THEORY OF NOTHING or ZERO ?

Just a couple of thoughts

Physics news on Phys.org
Viruses do not infect websites, especially not ones running on Linux. You may have a virus on your PC, but we can't do anything about it -- that would be your problem.

Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be any problem with PF's speed -- it's either your ISP, or your PC.

- Warren

Okay, please do not get upset, I will check again, but can chroot please check it again too ?

No one's upset. And there's no virus.

- Warren

I actually write this to just inform in advance or perhaps to let someone who is now not present not misunderstand...or perhaps get back-up
You are a site manager right ? So, I think even when there are three bugs-at least i think so, just an example- you can debug well...:sm:

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Pattielli, at your DOS prompt type in "tracert physicsforums.com" and post your results. As chroot pointed out there are no viruses or bugs on PF.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

- Warren

Oh, my friend now comes, he checks for me already, no problem now, I see it...

Thank site-managers very much,

Pattielli said:
I don't know why whenever I access physics forums, I always get stuck at around 3 minutes before the page can fully opens.
I wonder if this is a bug or..."viruses", I mean "this" thing is the main cause to slow down the speed of physics forums.

Hmm...could be a new worm hitting the Internet :) I've also experienced some slowdown at times when surfing.

1. Why is the layout of the physics forum different than other forums?

The layout of the physics forum may appear different because it is designed specifically for discussing and sharing information related to physics. This may include unique features such as equations, graphs, and diagrams that are not commonly found on other forums.

2. Why are there so many technical terms and jargon used on the physics forum?

Physics is a highly technical and specialized field, so it is natural for the forum to include a lot of technical terms and jargon. However, members of the forum are usually willing to explain and clarify any terms for those who may not be familiar with them.

3. How accurate and reliable is the information shared on the physics forum?

The accuracy and reliability of information shared on the physics forum can vary. It is important to keep in mind that the forum is a platform for discussions and opinions, rather than a definitive source of information. It is always best to verify information from multiple sources before accepting it as fact.

4. Can I ask for help with specific physics problems on the forum?

Yes, you can ask for help with specific physics problems on the forum. However, it is important to provide enough information and context for others to understand and assist with your problem. Additionally, it is always best to attempt solving the problem yourself before asking for help.

5. Are non-scientists allowed to participate on the physics forum?

Yes, non-scientists are allowed to participate on the physics forum. The forum is open to anyone who is interested in discussing and learning about physics. However, it is expected that all members engage in respectful and constructive discussions, regardless of their background or level of expertise.