Is 95% on a mid-term really that bad?

• Thread starter JG89
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker had a mid-term analysis exam where they misread a question and couldn't fix the mistake due to lack of time. They believe they will receive a 95% score, which they know is great but can't stop thinking about the mistake. The speaker is asking for advice, to which the other person responds that a 95% is still a great score and there is no need to worry about it. They also remind the speaker that no one is perfect and it's important to set achievable standards.
JG89
I had an analysis mid-term today. I misread a question and while checking my test over, I realized I had misread it, but there wasn't enough time to fix the mistake. I will get partial marks on the question. I feel like I will probably be getting a 95% or so, which I know is great, but for some silly reason I can't get it off my mind.

I always tell myself that if I know I can get 100%, which I know I could've gotten on the test, then there is no excuse to get below that, and right now this is really bugging me.

Any advice?

Physics news on Phys.org
A 95% is a great score. No one is perfect. We should hold ourselves to a high standard, but not one that is unachievable.

There is no need to worry about it.

seriously, get over it.

I've never scored 100% on an exam, and it's not done me any harm. 5% is not going to make any difference in the long run.

FAQ: Is 95% on a mid-term really that bad?

1. How can I calm my worries?

There are several techniques that can help calm your worries, such as deep breathing, mindfulness meditation, talking to a trusted friend or therapist, and engaging in relaxing activities like yoga or listening to calming music.

2. Why do I have so many silly worries?

Worrying is a natural response to stress and uncertainty. Sometimes our worries can seem silly in hindsight, but they are still valid and important to address in the moment. It's important to acknowledge and validate your worries, but also try to challenge and reframe them in a more positive light.

3. How can I stop my worries from taking over my thoughts?

One helpful strategy is to set aside specific times to worry, rather than letting your worries consume your thoughts all day. During these designated worry times, write down your worries and come up with potential solutions. This can help you feel more in control and reduce the power of your worries.

4. Are there any natural remedies for calming worries?

There are several natural remedies that may help calm worries, such as herbal supplements like chamomile or valerian root, aromatherapy with calming scents like lavender, and practicing relaxation techniques like progressive muscle relaxation or visualization.

5. When should I seek professional help for my worries?

If your worries are significantly impacting your daily life and functioning, it may be beneficial to seek professional help from a therapist or counselor. They can provide you with personalized strategies and support to manage your worries and improve your overall well-being.