Consider the momentum as the acceleration energy?

In summary, the conversation discusses the difference between momentum and energy, specifically kinetic energy. While impulse and momentum are related and can be expressed in the same way, energy is defined differently. One key difference is that momentum is always conserved in a collision, while kinetic energy may not be. Additionally, momentum is a vector and kinetic energy is a scalar. However, when comparing the change in energy between two speeds, there appears to be little difference except for the removal of the "delta" term.
aloshi
Hello!
yes is from Sweden and my English is not good, but will try to do as best as possible. My question is:
why can not consider the momentum as the acceleration energy?

I know that:
Impulse is change in momentum which is not the same as energy
Impulse can be expressed either as F * (delta) t or m * (delta) v since it is the same thing. That the expressions are as follows from Newton's 2nd Kraftlag together with the definition of acceleration: (delta) v / (delta) t

but as we move into the energy we see that energy is defined as:
W = mv ^ 2 / 2
but what is the difference between rörelsenergi and momentum:

I couple of things:
An important difference is that momentum is always kept in a collision between two or more objects. The kinetic energy conservation is generally not in a collision.
Another difference between kinetic energy and momentum is that kinetic energy is a scalar (ie, has size but not direction) while the momentum is a vector (ie, both the size and direction)

but I can not really understand what the difference between momentum and kinetic energy (accelerating energy)

Physics news on Phys.org

if we compare the energy between, thus förendringen Middle two speeds we get that the change in energy is:
http://www.pluggakuten.se/wiki/images/8/8f/Untitled11111.jpg
I can not see a big difference between them, the only thing that separates them is that we have abbreviated removed (delta)stretch

Last edited by a moderator:
would be

Thank you for your question! I understand your confusion, as momentum and kinetic energy can often be confusing concepts. Let me explain the difference between the two.

Momentum is a measure of an object's motion and is calculated by multiplying its mass by its velocity. It is a vector quantity, meaning it has both size and direction. The larger the mass and/or velocity of an object, the greater its momentum. Momentum is conserved in a closed system, meaning it cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred between objects. This is why momentum is always conserved in collisions.

On the other hand, kinetic energy is a measure of an object's energy due to its motion. It is calculated by multiplying half of the object's mass by the square of its velocity. Unlike momentum, kinetic energy is a scalar quantity, meaning it only has size and no direction. The larger the mass and/or velocity of an object, the greater its kinetic energy. Kinetic energy is not always conserved in collisions, as some of it can be transferred into other forms of energy such as heat or sound.

In summary, momentum and kinetic energy are two different ways of measuring an object's motion. Momentum is a measure of the object's motion itself, while kinetic energy is a measure of the energy due to that motion. They are related, but not interchangeable, as they have different units and represent different aspects of an object's motion. I hope this helps clarify the difference between the two concepts.

1. What is momentum?

Momentum is a measure of an object's mass and velocity. It is calculated by multiplying an object's mass by its velocity.

2. How is momentum related to acceleration energy?

Momentum is related to acceleration energy in that both involve the motion of an object. Acceleration energy is the energy that an object gains or loses due to its acceleration, and momentum is a measure of the object's motion.

3. Why is momentum important in physics?

Momentum is important in physics because it is a fundamental property of objects in motion. It helps us understand how objects interact with each other and how forces affect their motion. It is also a conserved quantity, meaning that it remains constant unless acted upon by an external force.

4. How is momentum conserved?

Momentum is conserved in a closed system, meaning that no external forces act upon the objects in the system. In this case, the total momentum of the objects before and after an interaction will remain the same. This is known as the law of conservation of momentum.

5. How does momentum impact collisions?

Momentum plays a crucial role in collisions, as it determines the amount of force and energy involved in the collision. In an ideal collision, the total momentum of the objects before the collision will be equal to the total momentum after the collision, demonstrating the law of conservation of momentum.