Problem with 3d plotting in OriginPro 8 Program.

In summary, the individual is having trouble with a 3d plot in OriginPro 8. They have experimental data for intensity units, width, and height and are trying to plot it in a 3d graph. However, the scales on the plot are not displaying correctly, with the width scale being from -2 to 1 instead of -2 to +2. The individual is seeking advice on how to fix this issue, such as adjusting the scaling options in the plot properties or checking the data for any errors. They also mention sharing a link to the plot, but it is not showing up.
orillion909
Goodmorning! :)

I am using OriginPro 8 and I am having some trouble doing a 3d plot.

I have experimental data of Intensity units vs width vs height.
I am trying to make a 3d plot, where x and y are width and height and z is intensity. I did convert the worksheet to matrix and then made the 3d plot using the matrix.

Although the shape turns out as expected, the scales are really messed up! The width scale is from -2 to +2, however on the 3d plot it is from -2 to 1 and also the center is also displayed wrong.
The height scale however is correct.

Any ideas why this is happening? I thank you in advance! http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/graph4l.jpg

Edit: Why isn't the image showing?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/graph4l.jpg/

Physics news on Phys.org

Good morning!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your 3d plot in OriginPro 8. It sounds like there may be an issue with the scales on your plot. One possible solution could be to adjust the scaling options in the plot properties. You can access these by right-clicking on the plot and selecting "Properties" or by going to the Plot menu and selecting "Properties."

In the properties window, go to the "Scale" tab and make sure that the scales for each axis are set to "Automatic." If they are already set to "Automatic," try manually inputting the correct scale values for the width axis and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, it's possible that there may be an issue with the data itself. Make sure that the data in your worksheet is organized correctly and that there are no missing or incorrect values. You can also try plotting the data in a different program or using a different data set to see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or if the issue persists. Thank you for reaching out and happy plotting!

FAQ: Problem with 3d plotting in OriginPro 8 Program.

1. Why is my 3D plot not displaying properly in OriginPro 8?

There could be a few reasons for this issue. First, make sure that your data is properly formatted and that all necessary columns and rows are selected for the plot. Additionally, check the orientation and scale of your axes to ensure they are appropriate for your data. If these steps do not resolve the issue, it is possible that there may be a software glitch or compatibility issue. Try updating your version of OriginPro or contacting technical support for assistance.

2. How can I change the color scheme of my 3D plot in OriginPro 8?

To change the color scheme of your 3D plot, go to the "Color Map" tab in the "Plot Details" dialog box. From there, you can select a different color scheme or customize your own. You can also change the color of individual data points by selecting them and using the "Color" option in the "Plot Details" dialog box.

3. Can I add a legend to my 3D plot in OriginPro 8?

Yes, you can add a legend to your 3D plot by going to the "Legend" tab in the "Plot Details" dialog box. From there, you can customize the appearance and placement of the legend. Keep in mind that legends may not be as useful in 3D plots as they are in 2D plots, so it may be more effective to label your data points directly on the plot itself.

4. How do I change the viewing angle of my 3D plot in OriginPro 8?

To change the viewing angle of your 3D plot, go to the "View" tab in the "Plot Details" dialog box. From there, you can use the arrow buttons or enter specific values to adjust the rotation and tilt of the plot. You can also rotate and tilt the plot directly by clicking and dragging on it.

5. Is it possible to export my 3D plot from OriginPro 8 as an image or video?

Yes, you can export your 3D plot as an image by going to File > Export > Image. From there, you can choose the desired file format and resolution. To export as a video, you can use the "Create Video File" option under File > Export. Keep in mind that the quality of the exported video may vary depending on the complexity of your plot and the capabilities of your computer.