Convert 75 Degrees to Radian Measure - 5/12 pi

In summary, to convert 75 degrees to radian measure, you can use the formula 75 * pi/180 = 5/12 * pi. However, if you want to leave the answer in terms of pi rather than evaluating it, you can reduce 75 * pi/180 to get the answer of 5/12 * pi. This method is recommended when evaluating pi is not necessary.
fatima_a
convert 75 degrees to radian measure

the answer is 5/12 pi

i know that for converting degrees to radians you multiply the degrees by pi/180 degrees and when i do it i get the answer 1.3089... but how do you get the answer as above, in that form? i have changed the mode of my calculator from degrees to radians and vice versa but i can't get the answer in that notation.

Physics news on Phys.org

Reduce 75[itex]\pi[/itex]/180 and leave it in terms of pi; don't put it in the calculator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Following Bohrok's advice, you basically never evaluate [itex]\pi[/itex] unless you are doing some sort of physical application where it's nice to have the approximate solution.

1. What is the formula for converting degrees to radians?

The formula for converting degrees to radians is radians = (degrees * pi) / 180.

2. How do you convert 75 degrees to radians?

To convert 75 degrees to radians, we use the formula radians = (75 * pi) / 180 = 5/12 pi. So, 75 degrees is equivalent to 5/12 pi radians.

3. Why do we need to convert degrees to radians?

Radians are a unit of measurement commonly used in mathematics and science that are more convenient for calculating angles in trigonometric functions. They are also used in calculus, physics, and other scientific fields.

4. What is the value of pi in radians?

The value of pi in radians is represented as π or approximately 3.14159.

5. Can you convert any angle from degrees to radians?

Yes, any angle can be converted from degrees to radians by using the formula radians = (degrees * pi) / 180. This formula works for any angle measurement, whether it is in degrees, minutes, or seconds.