Help concerning a simple operation

• Thread starter help please!
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a math equation and the correct way to square both sides of it. The person asking the question is unsure if they should include the number 1 in their equation or not. Another person points out that the first formula is incorrect and asks for clarification on how they arrived at it. The original poster responds that there is no derivation, it's just an equation.
help please!

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Consider the equation

[tex]1+A = (\sqrt{1 - B})^{-1}[/tex]

A and B are just arbitrary constants.

If I wanted to square both sides, would that be

[tex]2 + A^2 = \frac{2}{1 - B}[/tex]

or do I ignore the 1's and write it as

[tex]1 + A^2 = \frac{1}{1 - B}[/tex]

Thanks! I am just young and wanted to know!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
can anyone help me please?

"Bumping" a thread in less than 24 hours is against forum rules. You should read the rules.

You math is all completely wrong. I have no idea how you got ANY of what you got.

EDIT: show the steps in how you got from one form to the next so we can see where you are going wrong.

Last edited:
well isn't

(something)^-1 = 1/(something)

or do you mean how we arrive at the first formula? That isn't important, there isn't a derivation, it's just an equation.

The right hand side of your final equation is correct, but the left hand side isn't.

OP is a sockpuppet of a previously banned crackpot.

1. What is a simple operation?

A simple operation is a medical procedure that is considered low-risk and does not require extensive preparation or recovery time. It is typically performed in an outpatient setting and can be completed in a short amount of time.

2. How do I prepare for a simple operation?

Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to prepare for your simple operation. This may include fasting for a certain amount of time, stopping certain medications, or completing certain tests or procedures beforehand.

3. What can I expect during a simple operation?

During a simple operation, you will most likely receive local anesthesia to numb the area being operated on. The procedure itself may involve making a small incision, removing a small growth or foreign object, or repairing a minor injury. The entire process typically takes less than an hour.

4. What is the recovery process like for a simple operation?

The recovery process for a simple operation is usually quick and easy. You may experience some discomfort or soreness at the site of the operation, but this can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain medication. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for the area and when it is safe to resume normal activities.

5. Are there any risks associated with a simple operation?

Although rare, there are some risks associated with any medical procedure. Some potential risks of a simple operation may include infection, bleeding, or adverse reactions to anesthesia. However, these risks are typically minimal and can be managed by your healthcare team.