Electrical Motor Specs for Slitting Machine Recoiler - 2.5mm Steel Sheets Coil

• Thread starter Eng_Luqman
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the specifications of an electrical motor used for a slitting machine recoiler. The motor has an output of 110 kW or 150 HP at 600 RPM, and runs on 80 volts and 213 amperes. The two terms, constant torque and constant HP, indicate the rated torque and power in steady state, while the motor may have a higher peak power for a short time. This is because the main limitation is temperature, and it takes time for an overloaded motor to warm up. The person is seeking clarification on these specifications as they have not seen them on a motor name plate before.
Eng_Luqman
I have This Electrical Motor Used For Slitting Machine Recoiler For Slitting up to 2.5 mm Steel Sheets Coil :

Specifications
Electrical Motor :

OutPut 110 Kw 150 HP 600 RPM

80 VOLTS 213 Amper

Constant Torque : 60 600 RPM
Constant HP : 550 1800 RPM

I want to know what are those meaning ... those datas I found it on the name plate of the electrical motor .

Specially The Both Of (( Constant Torque )) And (( Constant HP ))

The first time I observe this kind of specifications on a motor name plate

Please send me your help as you can

Regards

Engineering news on Phys.org
I think they mean rated (or maximum) torque and power in the steady state.

A motor might have a peak power that exceeds this for a short time. The reason is that the real limitation is temperature, and it takes time for an overloaded motor to warm up.

1. What is the maximum coil size that can be used with this slitting machine?

The maximum coil size that can be used with this slitting machine is 2.5mm thick steel sheets.

2. What is the maximum speed of the recoiler for this slitting machine?

The maximum speed of the recoiler for this slitting machine is determined by the motor's RPM and the diameter of the recoiler drum. It can typically reach speeds of up to 500 meters per minute.

3. What is the power source for the electrical motor of this slitting machine?

The electrical motor for this slitting machine can be powered by either AC or DC power. The specific power source will depend on the manufacturer's specifications and the needs of the user.

4. What is the torque capacity of the electrical motor for this slitting machine?

The torque capacity of the electrical motor for this slitting machine will depend on the specific motor used. Typically, it can range from 100 Nm to 1000 Nm, depending on the size and power of the motor.

5. Can this slitting machine be used for materials other than 2.5mm steel sheets?

This slitting machine is designed specifically for 2.5mm steel sheets, so using it for other materials may not produce the desired results. It is best to consult the manufacturer for recommendations on using this machine with other materials.