Maximizing Potential of Feature: Ideas Needed

• Thread starter jal
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about a new feature that has been added to the forum where when a user is creating a post, it will show similar threads that have been discussed before. Some users are finding this feature to be helpful, while others are noticing that the similar threads may not always be relevant. The suggestion is made to possibly use tags in addition to titles when searching for similar threads.
jal
Euhhh, duhhh! Hummm!
This just showed up ... Can you give us ideas to maximize the use of this feature?
I would think that it has the potential of being better than FAQ.
jal

Physics news on Phys.org
It seems to be listing other threads with the same words, the RIP George Carlin thread is listing threads about George Bush, while some threads have "similar threads" listed that have no words in the title or subject in common.

Interesting feature though, it's pulling up some very old and obscure threads.

jal said:
Euhhh, duhhh! Hummm!
This just showed up ... Can you give us ideas to maximize the use of this feature?
I would think that it has the potential of being better than FAQ.
jal

What are you talking about? Where is this feature?

Scroll all the way to the bottom of any thread.

No more
" I have the weird feeling this question has been asked before. "
:smile

I have just looked up the similar threads for my present "quest" - Neutron to Proton, and found answers that do not need to be repeated by the present "experts".
However, when asking questions that are at "the cutting edge" it becomes obvious that the answers are still being researched by "theorist" and "lab. techs."
I like the feature ... I saves me the trouble of looking up if it has been discussed before... I got to find a way of maximizing its usefullness ...
jal

ps. After doing a "Preview post", a new feature appeared, "You have selected a thread that is not part of this thread ..."

I think it will be very useful in the main forums as the keywords are more likely to pull up relevant threads.

Often the 'similar threads' don't have anything to do with the thread or topic---there wouldn't be any way to modify the way that the description/topic/idea/?? or change those at the bottom to be more relavant, is there?

rewebster said:
Often the 'similar threads' don't have anything to do with the thread or topic---there wouldn't be any way to modify the way that the description/topic/idea/?? or change those at the bottom to be more relavant, is there?

It would be more useful if it made use of the tags if they matched, since that would more likely pull up more closely related threads than a word search based on titles. Maybe it does, and we just don't have enough threads with tags in them yet to make this noticeable.

1. What does "maximizing potential of feature" mean?

Maximizing potential of feature refers to the process of fully utilizing and optimizing a specific feature or aspect of a product or system to achieve the best possible outcome.

2. How do you identify potential features that can be maximized?

The key to identifying potential features is to understand the needs and pain points of your target audience. Conducting market research, analyzing customer feedback, and brainstorming with your team are effective ways to identify potential features that can be maximized.

3. What are some strategies for maximizing the potential of a feature?

Some strategies for maximizing potential of a feature include conducting A/B testing, continuously collecting and analyzing data, implementing user feedback, and regularly updating and improving the feature based on user needs and preferences.

4. How can maximizing potential of a feature benefit a product or system?

Maximizing potential of a feature can lead to increased user satisfaction, improved efficiency and productivity, and ultimately, higher revenue. It can also give a product or system a competitive edge in the market.

5. What role does creativity play in maximizing potential of a feature?

Creativity is crucial in maximizing potential of a feature as it allows for out-of-the-box thinking and innovative solutions. It can help identify unique features and ways to optimize them, ultimately leading to a more successful and impactful product or system.