Anyone buy Stark Trek (2009) bluray ?

• Thread starter Monocerotis
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the release and special features of the movie "Star Trek (2009)" on Blu-ray. The person is planning to buy it on Monday and is curious about the additional content. They also mention that the release date has been pushed back and that pirated copies are already circulating online.
Monocerotis
Gold Member
Just curious to know if it's loaded with additional content in the way of special features.

I'm probably going to pick it up on monday, looking forward to watching it again for the 4th time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Monocerotis said:
Just curious to know if it's loaded with additional content in the way of special features.

This site:
http://www.theblurayblog.com/2009/06/star-trek-2009-blu-ray-details-and-release-date-rumours/
reveals some of the special features

I'm probably going to pick it up on monday, looking forward to watching it again for the 4th time.

How are you going to manage that? The best info I have is that it won't be released until Nov 17. (they pushed back the original Oct 5 release date)

Last edited by a moderator:
Janus said:
How are you going to manage that? The best info I have is that it won't be released until Nov 17. (they pushed back the original Oct 5 release date)

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo

Weird though, 1080p and 720p copies are already out on the net. I wanted to buy this movie however.

1. Is the "Star Trek (2009)" bluray worth buying?

The worth of purchasing the "Star Trek (2009)" bluray depends on your personal preference. If you are a fan of the franchise and enjoy high quality audio and video, then it may be worth buying. However, if you are not a fan or do not have a bluray player, it may not be worth the investment.

2. What special features are included in the "Star Trek (2009)" bluray?

The "Star Trek (2009)" bluray includes several special features such as deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes footage, and commentary from the director and cast members. It also includes a digital copy of the film.

3. Is the picture and sound quality better on the bluray compared to the DVD?

Yes, the picture and sound quality on the bluray version of "Star Trek (2009)" is significantly better than the DVD version. The bluray has a higher resolution and can support more advanced audio formats, providing a more immersive viewing experience.

4. Can the bluray be played on a regular DVD player?

No, a regular DVD player cannot play bluray discs. You will need a bluray player to watch the "Star Trek (2009)" bluray.

5. Are there any differences between the theatrical version and the bluray version of "Star Trek (2009)"?

Yes, the bluray version of "Star Trek (2009)" includes an extended version of the film with additional scenes not shown in theaters. The theatrical version is also included on the bluray.