Can someone help me add a signature to my posts?

• Thread starter sophiecentaur
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the feature of adding a signature to posts on Physics Forums, which is only available to subscribing (gold) members. It is mentioned that there is a way to earn a gold membership through contributions, but also jokingly suggested to bribe the moderator, Greg. The conversation also touches on the process of becoming a Homework Helper or Science Advisor, with the suggestion to contribute to the forum as the fastest and easiest way to gain signature privileges. The conversation concludes with the realization that not everyone may be familiar with all the features of the forum.
sophiecentaur
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I must be really dumb but I just can't find a button anywhere with which to add a signature to my posts.
Any ideas?
Cheers.

Physics news on Phys.org
That's a feature that subscribing (gold) members have.

Thanx for the info.
I am retired and will have to find a suitable place to post!

Note that signatures are displayed also for Homework Helpers and Science Advisors.

And how do you get to be one of those exalted persons?
(No irony, or silvery intended)

Was any goldy intended? It's the best kind of -y.

sophiecentaur said:
And how do you get to be one of those exalted persons?
(No irony, or silvery intended)

You may get recognized for your efforts by other HHs and SAs, but there is no way of becoming HH or SA on your own.

Well, perhaps you may try to bribe Greg. He loves ring pops.

Let me just suggest what others haven't -- the fast, easy way to get signature (and other) privileges is to contribute 15 $US to Physics Forums. Just click the "Upgrade" button at the top of the page, which brings you here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's what LisaB referred to, but perhaps you are right that the way she wrote about could be incomprehensible to someone who doesn't know details.

Borek said:
Well, that's what LisaB referred to, but perhaps you are right that the way she wrote about could be incomprehensible to someone who doesn't know details.

True, I did just assume that most people who have been around here a while have played poked into all the rooms at one point or another. I guess that's not necessarily so :redface:.

Not to worry, looks like we have covered all bases now.

Related to Can someone help me add a signature to my posts?

1. What is a signature and why is it important?

A signature is a unique identifier that is used to signify the authorship of a document or message. It is important because it provides a sense of authenticity and credibility to the content being presented.

2. How do I add a signature to my emails?

To add a signature to your emails, you will need to access the settings or preferences of your email client. From there, you can create a new signature and customize it with your desired information, such as your name, title, contact information, and any other relevant details.

3. Can I have multiple signatures for different purposes?

Yes, most email clients allow you to create and save multiple signatures for different purposes. For example, you can have a professional signature for work emails and a more casual one for personal emails.

4. How can I make my signature stand out?

To make your signature stand out, you can add a personal touch, such as a logo, image, or a quote that represents you or your brand. However, make sure to keep it simple and avoid cluttering the signature with too many elements.

5. Do I need to include my contact information in my signature?

It is recommended to include your contact information in your signature, such as your email address and phone number, so that recipients can easily reach you. This is especially important for professional emails as it makes it easier for potential clients or colleagues to get in touch with you.