Solving Iteration Function Problem with A, B, and C

• Thread starter MrReds
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Function
In summary, the speaker is looking for an iteration function to help solve a problem involving three values (A, B, and C). The function will vary C in order to get B as close as possible to A, but there is no known relationship between A and C or B and C. The speaker is seeking help from someone who may know a similar algorithm.
MrReds
Hallo Everybody !

I have tried to look in the previous posts, but I haven’t find something useful.
I am looking for an iteration function to help me to solve following issue.

I have got three values, let’s say
A which is a constant (it is determined), that can be positive, negative or 0
B which is variable that can be positive, negative or 0
C which is variable that varies between two fixed values (typically 0 and 1).

The scope of the function would be to vary C in order to get B as close as possible to A.
C and A are not linked by any relation, let’s say that A is a target value.
C and B are proportional, but they are not linked by a known function.

Therefore the algorithm should :
Vary C of a value, then verify the error between A and B and should this error be positive or negative, vary C consequently.
I hope to have been clear enough.

Is there anybody who knows a similar algorithm ?

Many thanks for your help !

Physics news on Phys.org
MrReds said:
Hallo Everybody !

I have tried to look in the previous posts, but I haven’t find something useful.
I am looking for an iteration function to help me to solve following issue.

I have got three values, let’s say
A which is a constant (it is determined), that can be positive, negative or 0
B which is variable that can be positive, negative or 0
C which is variable that varies between two fixed values (typically 0 and 1).

The scope of the function would be to vary C in order to get B as close as possible to A.
C and A are not linked by any relation, let’s say that A is a target value.
C and B are proportional, but they are not linked by a known function.

Therefore the algorithm should :
Vary C of a value, then verify the error between A and B and should this error be positive or negative, vary C consequently.
I hope to have been clear enough.

Is there anybody who knows a similar algorithm ?

Many thanks for your help !
This does not make much sense, the way you have described it. What do you mean, for instance, by "not linked by any relation" and "not liked by a known function"? Even in this context "C and B are proportional" doesn't make any sense.

Perhaps, you could try describing to us what you want your algorithm to do without trying to describe how to actually program it. If you are working with an associated problem that you need this algorithm for, let us know what it is.

1. What is an iteration function problem?

An iteration function problem is a mathematical problem that involves finding a solution or set of solutions to a function by repeatedly applying the function to an initial value. This is done until a desired level of accuracy is achieved or a specific stopping condition is met.

2. How is an iteration function problem solved?

To solve an iteration function problem, one must first choose an initial value and a function to be iterated. The function is then applied to the initial value multiple times until a solution is reached. This process can be done manually or with the help of a computer program.

3. What are A, B, and C in the context of an iteration function problem?

In an iteration function problem, A, B, and C are commonly used to represent the initial value, the function to be iterated, and the solution, respectively. These variables can also represent different parameters or values within the function itself.

4. What are some common applications of iteration function problems?

Iteration function problems have many practical applications in fields such as engineering, physics, and computer science. Some examples include finding the roots of equations, approximating solutions to differential equations, and optimizing algorithms.

5. What are some techniques for improving the efficiency of solving iteration function problems?

Some techniques for improving the efficiency of solving iteration function problems include using more accurate initial values, choosing an appropriate stopping condition, and using faster convergence methods such as Newton's method. Additionally, utilizing efficient computer algorithms and parallel computing can also improve the speed of solving these problems.